Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MaryMThompson
Level: Powered On

Patch/Collect? How to save data fields from a PowerApp

detail screen.png

Early this week I posted Re: Need Help with Calculated Fields .  Quick summary:  I am working on an App that will pull a specific commission rate based on the zip code, and then take that rate, mulitple it by the invoice amount, and then push parts of that data, to a seperate entity, that I will eventually trace back to a pending journal in BC.

With that being said, I have worked through the calculation issues, and now need to get this data extracted, and saved to an excel file.  I want only the fields in red to pull over.   The two top fields (No., and Salesperson) are fields that come from the mapped entity. The $22.5- (Due in Commission) is a text input box, and has a caluclation taking the Amount, and an entity field from the previous screen.

2019-07-16_7-40-04.png

When I use the collection function- it will not pull over this text input field.  When I use a Patch function on the Process button I get an error message about it not being the right data type.

What is the best option for what I am trying to achieve? Patch or a Collection? and how do I get that to work correctly?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MaryMThompson

Re: Patch/Collect? How to save data fields from a PowerApp

I am happy to say that I actually resolved this issue.  I ended up going with a collection approach.  After watching video's on PowerApps 911 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS6mTRlmuls. I realized where I was going wrong in my collection approach.  I was not grabbing the correct DataCardValue.Text.

Here is what I found to be a working solution:

2019-07-16_11-40-03.png

1 REPLY 1
MaryMThompson

Re: Patch/Collect? How to save data fields from a PowerApp

I am happy to say that I actually resolved this issue.  I ended up going with a collection approach.  After watching video's on PowerApps 911 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS6mTRlmuls. I realized where I was going wrong in my collection approach.  I was not grabbing the correct DataCardValue.Text.

Here is what I found to be a working solution:

2019-07-16_11-40-03.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 142 members 4,589 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: