cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jordaneMarie
Level: Powered On

Acces issue

I created a powerapps application, allowing to enter commands for my company. For that it records and recupts the data of an excel table store in my one drive company. The problem is that when I share the applications with my colleagues, they can not add data to the file or even view them in the screen below.

Don't have acces.PNG

They also have an error notification when launching my app that I do not understand.

Someone know how to fix this problem of data access? and how to make sure my app works for users to share?

Best regard,

Jordane Marie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Acces issue

Hi @jordaneMarie,

When sharing an app, we are asked to share the data source as well so that users can run and even modify your app. Users who aren’t given the sharing permissions won’t see the data in the Excel file.

About how to share Excel data used by your app, please check it at here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app-data

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
3 REPLIES 3
JonathanWest
Level: Powered On

@jordaneMarie What is your data source? It sounds like whatever place you are using to store your data needs to be shared with people also using the app.

RandyHayes
Level 10

Your users will need to have full access to that OneDrive location and that file.  Otherwise, they will see the error.

Make sure it is truly in a OneDrive company sharable location.  You will run into many issues down the road if you put it in your own OneDrive and try to share it that way.  Not that you can't, just that you can open up issues in the future.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jordaneMarie,

When sharing an app, we are asked to share the data source as well so that users can run and even modify your app. Users who aren’t given the sharing permissions won’t see the data in the Excel file.

About how to share Excel data used by your app, please check it at here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app-data

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.