cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SWMorgan
Level: Power Up

New Issue with Mobile App using AI Builder

I have a simple app that is used to scan in packing slips. It uses the new form processing AI Builder. As of July 8th, this app worked on a mobile device with no issue. Today, when trying to run the app, it gives me a message that "This app uses features that come with a PowerApps premium plan". 

Checking the details of the app, it lists a connection to Common Data Services (see screenshot). The form processing AI does not use CDS, nor does anything else in the app use CDS. This can be confirmed by looking at the connection info from my laptop, where the app runs fine. (see second screenshot).

I see that moble app updated at some point today, so possible that update has brought in a bug that is adding a CDS connection to an app that doesn't have one (thus wanting the app to be "Premium").

3 REPLIES 3
PowerApps Staff JoeF-MSFT
PowerApps Staff

Re: New Issue with Mobile App using AI Builder

Hi @SWMorgan, to use AI Builder you need a license that has Common Data Service. May I ask which licence you have? Is the user running the app on the mobile device the same one that uses it on the laptop?

SWMorgan
Level: Power Up

The license is the Office365 license, which does not include CDS. 3 of the 4 AI Models require CDS, but form processing does not use it (at least, per the description of the model seen below). The mobile app and the laptop are both accessing the app under the same account. I suppose, this could be a case where a feature was meant to only run under a premium license, and it slipped through a crack, but this app with the form processing AI has been working perfectly fine since June 17th. 

Form Processing.png

PowerApps Staff JoeF-MSFT
PowerApps Staff

Thanks @SWMorgan. I can confirm that in order create new models in AI Builder and run PowerApps with AI Builder components, users need to have a license with access to CDS.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 169 members 4,644 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: