cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Tab autocomplete wipes out chunks of formula

I have noticed this happens quite a lot while editing formulae.

I have a formula in which I am adding an If() to test something before performing the next action.

The formula is underlined because I have split the ForAll() function but not yet completed all required parameters of the If().

For me it is normal to first code the working formula then add validation If()s later once i know the base formula works.

Capture.PNG

While writing a datasource I press TAB to autocomplete the datasource name.

Instead of filling in the text offered it removes the rest of the formula and tries to force some of the parameters of the other functions into the required parameters of the LookUp function I am currently writing.

Capture2.PNG

What is the expected behavoiur of autocomplete when editing in a formula that is incomplete within another function?

In most coding environments autocomplete usualy only operates on text adjoining the cursor and has no effect beyond the next white space.

Also, is there a to use TAB for indentation of code?

Currently it will always insert an autocomplete even after CTRL ENTER on a blank new line.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Bug? Lookup Formula not accepting value from datacardvalue

Hi PaulD1,

I assume that it might be a default behavior of PowerApps that the return value of the datacard will be a text.

I also test the issue on my side.

The same with you, I am asked to provide matched types for the function. So I use a Value function to convert the text to a number.

Then it works as expected.

The function I am using is:
LookUp(localorder,orderID=Value(DataCardValue17.Text),orderpercent)

Hope this could be a reference for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
sachinsoni
Level: Powered On

Re: Bug? Lookup Formula not accepting value from datacardvalue

hello,

i have same issue

i have combo box control as datacard

and my formula is:

If(LookUp(EmpAndApprover,Approver=DataCardValue11,true), 

still give error after adding value function, my final formula is:

New Error.jpg