cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NStone
Frequent Visitor

Issue using variables in Power Apps CLI Deployment Profile

Hey all,

I'm working with Power Apps CLI and according to the documentation (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/portals/power-apps-cli#use-deployment-profile) I should be able to lookup an environment variable from within my deployment profile to fill a value (eg, a client secret). I have not been able to get this to work regardless of what variable or notation I use. During import the variable doesn't get read and is simply input as a text string like ${ThisIsMySecret}.

Has anyone got this working or knows what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
chleverenz
Super User
Super User

Hi @NStone ,

did not try, but the documentation says, that OS is reachable via that. So, may be you have to set an enivronmentvariable for example named ThisIsMySecret and address this with ${OS.ThisIsMySecret}

The way to set the environment depends a little bit on the system you are working on. In Powershell its as simple as 

chleverenz_0-1655364626572.png

May be, this is reachable vis ${OS.X} 🙂

Hope it helps,

Christian

NStone
Frequent Visitor

I tried this but unfortunately it was also unsuccessful.

OOlashyn
MVP

Hi @NStone ,

Were you trying to use this in Github Actions, Azure DevOps or locally?

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

MPP IDEAS

Ideas

Discover ideas and concepts from users like you for how to use Power Pages and take your work to the next level.

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Carousel Community Blog

Check out the Community Blog

Read all about the most recent blogs in the community!

Users online (2,380)