cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NagJoshi
Frequent Visitor

Custom Buttons in Flow and Creating Tasks

we have a scenario as below:

1. Users submit a Change Request. IT receives an email for review. There should be 3 options: Approve, Reject and More Information required.

2. If More Information Required is selected it should send an email back to the Item Creator. More details are entered bye the Item Creator the form is resubmitted.

4. If approved Flow procedes further.

5. If rejected Flow ends.

I am using Start an Approval action but I don;t see any option to add custom buttons so I am unabel to add "More Information required" button.

If I use send an email with options action there is a provision to add custom buttons but when Reviewers select any button (Approve, reject, more infor required) in the Email there is no provsion to enter commnets. So if the item is rejected there is no way to enter the comments why the item is rejected. Same as with the More Info required button, no option to enter what sort of additional details required.

Also I have read in some articles that Flow History is stored for 90 days only. We need to maintain it for a longer period. So my question is: Is it better to create Custom Tasks in Flow where I can easily have custom buttons on task forms. There will be another Flow running for the tasks list which updates the Change Request List (CR Status etc) and controls the Flow of the Change Request List. For ex. in the aboev scenario, if "more information required" button is clicked in the task form by the Reviewers, the Tasks Flow updates the Status of the CR in the Change Request list, and the Change Request Flow will conitnue further based on the response from the Reviewer.

This way I can have custom buttons and also the tasks history can be stored for a longer period as all the tasks are stored in a custom list.

Is there any better solution avaiable in such scenarios?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Dorul
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @NagJoshi

You can use a condition like this, and if they ask for More informations you can setup anything you want from there, like creating a new item or whatever you might want:

Capture.JPG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Tom_Slosse
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hey @NagJoshi

What @Dorul forgot to mention is that you can create some buttons with the Outlook action Send email with options.

Kind regards

Tom

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered.

Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

NagJoshi
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your reply. I tried to implement this slution earlier but when the Approvers click the button "More Information required" they also want to write some comments such as "so and so details are missing, please add to the Request and resubmit the form" etc. Then these comments should be captured and send it back to the Item Creator in email as below:

To: <Created By>

Body: "More details are required for your Change Request ...as below:"

<Comments by Approvers>

There is an option to enter Remarks in the email sent when we use "Start an Approval" action in Flow. I was looking for similar action but with additional custom buttons. I think we can't add custom buttons here so I was thinking is creating custom task forms only the option :(?

With "Send Email with options" we can create custom buttons but no provision for Approvers to write Remarks. With "Start an Approval" action Approvers can write Remarks but we can't add the custom buttons or rename the buttons. We need the combination of bothe above actions which is not available I guess:(.

Also any idea on the Flow History which i mentioned in the topic earlier?  Thanks in advance!

buttons and remarks.PNG

Hello @Tom_Slosse

Just for the record, I didnt forget to mention that you can create some buttons with the Outlook action Send email with options :)) as he said in his first post: "If I use send an email with options action there is a provision to add custom buttons"

@NagJoshithe combination of both above actions is indeed not available, can use one or another

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Users online (3,153)