cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
AdamD
Helper III
Helper III

Flow erroring out on Get Item.

I have a pretty simple workflow that is just trying to get an item after it is created or modified. The trigger works fine, when an item is created or modified in the list, but when the flow executes Get-Item, I receive the following error:

ResponseSwaggerSchemaValidationFailure. The API 'sharepointonline' returned an invalid response for workflow operation 'Get_item' of type 'OpenApiConnection'. Error details: 'The API operation 'GetItem' is missing required property 'body/Title'.'

Researching the error I get a lot of advice to delete and recreate the flow, which has seemed to work for many folks but is definitely not working for me after four attempts. The list in question was made by someone other than me, and I'm wondering if there's some customization with the content type they used which is giving me this error. Any advice?Annotation 2020-09-04 111813.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CFernandes
Super User
Super User

@AdamD 

 

Try deleting the 'Get item' action in Power Automate, re-add the action and re-configure. 

 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
CFernandes
Super User
Super User

@AdamD 

 

Try deleting the 'Get item' action in Power Automate, re-add the action and re-configure. 

 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

gaurravs
Advocate I
Advocate I

@AdamD Did you managed to make it work? If yes how?

@CFernandes  I tried the steps you mentioned. but didn't work for me.

@gaurravs How many items for you have in the list? Do you have more than 5000 items in the list? You might want to add a filter query and try if it helps.

I haven't figured this one out yet. I am beginning to think that those fields "body" and "title" are required for this to work. Those are not fields that I require in this particular list and are indeed blank when new items are created, but I don't understand why flow would not be able to be OK with them being null if that's not a requirement in the list. I'll be doing some testing this week to see if I can get it to work if those fields have some nonsense injected in them.

Number of items in the list right now is less than ten, so I'm not hitting any limits.

There must have been a service disruption or something when I was first trying to get this Flow to work. I completely rebuilt the flow today (a process I repeated five times before on the day I posted this), and now it's able to get the item. The Body/Subject columns didn't require content as I was starting to think.

 

The only thing I can advise people with the same problem is that @CFernandes 's advice might not work the specific day that you're having the issue (if it's related to some O365/Tenant anomaly), so try it again on a different day.

Dan_Medeiros
Frequent Visitor

I found the solution! This happens because there is an item in the list that has the title blank when this field is required! Review the items in the list and fill that title field that may have another label but originally the field was called title. After that rerun the flow and this error won’t occur again! It’s not related to the msflow but is related to the full filing required fields in the sharepoint list. 
let me know if worked out for you.

That is such a strange issue. But what's weird is that I can get it to work in another Flow. If I use get items in a new flow, it works. But in the one I have currently, it doesn't. And the strange thing is it stopped working overnight when nothing was changed. The get items simply stopped working. 

Worked for me, thanks

TobyFish
Helper I
Helper I

I had a similar issue

 

My flow was working, then I changed a column type from NUMBER to TEXT.

 

This broke the flow with an error telling me the expected data type was INTEGER NOT STRING. This is a bug because the data connection is managed by PP not by me, so should have auto updated. Deleting the step and re-adding it did not work until I did this

1. Delete the erroring step

2. Save the flow

3. Re-add the erroring step

4. Save the flow

5. Check any dynamic data from the erroring step used later in the flow.

 

Your error may have been caused by an update to PP changing the data type definitions

This is it!

Thank you so much!

@Dan_Medeiros Thank you! You saved me a bunch of time. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,358)