cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnnySkye365

Get Items Returned Duplicates

This is a pretty strange one that I've not been able to replicate.

My Flow is pretty big and does quite a lot.  Essentially it gets items from a SharePoint list, does some calculations, creates items in another list, gets those items and creates a CSV file.

In Get Items step before creating the CSV I have a run that has returned 199 items, but there was only 197 items in the list.  On checking the Outputs from the Get Items step I found 2 duplicate items (i.e. the same internal ID). 

I have run the flow again and it didn't happen, but the fact that it has happened is causing some concern and I'm trying to find some kind of explanation as to why it happened.

Has anyone had anything similar or any suggestions as to why it might have occurred? 

Thanks in advance...

6 REPLIES 6
CFernandes
Super User
Super User

Hey Mate @JohnnySkye365 

You might want to use the Union() function to bring them both together and result in only the unique rows.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

P.S. take a look at my blog here and like & subscribe to my YouTube Channel thanks.

Hey man,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I'm not sure I understand what you are proposing.

I only need to Output of 1 Get Items, to give me all the items in a list.  It is within this Get Items step that the duplicate has been created, there's no duplicates in the list, the function has returned the same item twice.  

Are you suggesting I should do something after the Get Items in case this happens again?

Thanks again....

JohnnySkye

Hey Mate,

This is what I was trying to suggest - https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Remove-Duplicates-from-a-Sharepoint-List/... 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

P.S. take a look at my blog here and like & subscribe to my YouTube Channel thanks.

JohnnySkye365

Ahh I understand now.  The issue isn't duplicates in the list, it's that Get Items returned the same item twice.

@JohnnySkye365 Yep - Filter the "Get Items" after you get the items in Power Automate.

@JohnnySkye365 Yep - Filter the "Get Items" after you get the items in Power Automate.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,262)