cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sababneh
Level: Powered On

Looking for advice - Upload Excel to OneDrive and Manipulate and Add to Sharepoint List

Hey all,

I'm looking for a quick advice.

What I'm trying to acheive is, our team from MIS have a lot of data, and I want to send SMS surveys to these people (in the data given).

What is currently happening MIS sends Excel files every half an hour, a guy cleans the data and uploads it to SMS gateway and send it with its survey.

What I'm trying to acheive is:

• MIS upload the Excel to OneDrive
  • Then Microsoft Flow triggers and catch the Excel, and read every row and either deletes it (based on rules I give) or add it as an item to Sharepoint List
  • Then access an app through PowerApps that sees the cleansed data and presses a button on PowerApps that triggers a Microsoft Flow that will send SMS for each one via APIs.

Is this possible? If not. Please advice what to do.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Looking for advice - Upload Excel to OneDrive and Manipulate and Add to Sharepoint List

Hi @ Sababneh,

If you would like the flow would be triggered when an excel file is created in the Onedrive,and then get all rows of the excel,I afraid you couldn't achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.So maybe you should trigger the flow manually when a excel is created in Onedrive.

I would offer you an workaround on your steps 2 which flow could finish.

Please refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

The flow would run successfully to delete the special rows or create items in the sharepoint list as screenshot below:

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Looking for advice - Upload Excel to OneDrive and Manipulate and Add to Sharepoint List

Hi @ Sababneh,

If you would like the flow would be triggered when an excel file is created in the Onedrive,and then get all rows of the excel,I afraid you couldn't achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.So maybe you should trigger the flow manually when a excel is created in Onedrive.

I would offer you an workaround on your steps 2 which flow could finish.

Please refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

The flow would run successfully to delete the special rows or create items in the sharepoint list as screenshot below:

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,086)