cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peteaxtell
Helper I
Helper I

Option set value missing from Common Data Service 'Get Record'

I am using the "Common Data Service (current environment)" connector. When an Opportunity record is the trigger, the option set labels are included (first image). When an Opportunity record is retrieved using "Get a record" after the trigger, the option set labels are missing (second image).

Labels IncludedLabels IncludedLabels MissingLabels Missing

6 REPLIES 6
LeeHarris
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @peteaxtell 

Within your select query, use the field name statecode. This should allow the query to execute. However, when you want to use the label of the option set in another action after the query you will need to refer to it as _statecode_label.

This other solved post may help.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Common-Data-Service-for-Apps/I-want-using-Option-Set-field-choos...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Follow me on Twitter at @QG_LeeJHarris

Or on LinkedIn at in/leejharris

If I include 'statecode' in the select list, the returned data does not include '_statecode_label'. It only includes 'statecode'.

If I try and add '_statecode_label' to an email, it is empty.

Hi @peteaxtell 

Can you please share a screenshot of the email action within Flow showing where you have added the statecode label?

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Capture.PNG

Hi @peteaxtell 

This feels like you have stumbled across a bug. I have just created a similar Flow in my environment using the Common Data Service (current environment) connector and am now seeing the same output. Trying to access _statecode_label in the initial trigger returns the label but in the Get Record action it returns a blank value.

I suggest you post this into the Bug forum here https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/I-Found-A-Bug/bd-p/BugFound

Apologies I can't assist any further.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

LinnZawWin
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

@peteaxtell 

With the latest update of Common Data Service (current environment) connector, you can now query the formatted values of supported field types such as lookup display name, option set value label, formatted date/time by using the OData.Community.Display.V1.FormattedValue property of the field in the expression.

https://linnzawwin.blogspot.com/2020/07/get-lookup-display-name-and-option-set.html

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,064)