cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sameerc

Send email containing list of bugs split by Status

Hello Community members,

I am trying my hand with my first flow to automate the task of pulling bugs from Visual studio against a query and sending them over an email.

This works but where I am actually stuck is instead of getting one consolidated list, I would like to split the bugs Status wise (eg. Active, Resolved, Closed) in respective tables and send them over in a single email.

I tried adding conditions but in that case I ended up sending 3 separate emails. Would want the result set to be clubbed into a single email.

I am sure this can be done just needed some pointers.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
LeeHarris
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @sameerc 

You should be able to achieve this by using Array variables within your Flow. Initialise a variable of type Array for each of your tables (Active, Resolved etc). Then loop through your list of bugs that you have retrieved from Visual Studio and, using a Switch condition, handle each bug status seperately.

Within each Bug Status switch condition, use the "Append to Array variable" action and add the item to the appropriate array. Then outside of your loop, use the "Create HTML Table" action to convert each of your Arrays into HTML tables which you can then include in a single email action.

You will likely need to play around with the format of the tables a little in order to get the columns that you want to see.

chrome_2018-12-03_15-14-42.png

chrome_2018-12-03_15-14-34.png

chrome_2018-12-03_15-15-09.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Follow me on Twitter at @QG_LeeJHarris

Or on LinkedIn at in/leejharris

Thank you @LeeHarris for your promt reply and sharing the steps along with screenshots. Appreciate it.

I shall try it and hopefully it should work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (1,490)