cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MER1X
Regular Visitor

Teams post (with images) from SharePoint does not work properly

Hello all,

maybe someone here can help me or knows a solution.
I am not quite sure myself what the problem is. I hope I am at least right here with my problem.

Short explanation:
I have a PowerApp and a SharePoint site.
A post is created via the PowerApp and an image is also added as an attachment. This image is now saved in the SharePoint in the created post.
Now this post is posted in a Teams channel via a flow.
Up to this point, this has worked without any problems, but after 1-2 days the image is no longer displayed. 

This is what it looks like in teams. 1 day before the picture was still normal to see.

MER1X_0-1654156263897.png

Is that because of teams or because of the flow?

This is what the last part of the flow looks like.

MER1X_1-1654156393728.png

In the SharePoint post, the image is still there and also viewable.
When a post is manually posted to Teams, i.e. not via Power Automate, the image remains there as normal forever.

Thank you in advance 😊

14 REPLIES 14
SueB
Employee
Employee

Hi @MER1X ,

Images do not display for new posts created by the flow or are previous Teams posts affected as well?

Thank you for using Microsoft Power Platform Communities!
Sue
Support Engineer
Microsoft Power Platform

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it more quickly! Have a great day!

MER1X
Regular Visitor

Hi SueB,

Only the posts created by the flow are affected. Posts that were posted manually or before that remain or are still visible as normal. That the images disappear only happens with the images that are posted via the flow.

Many greetings

MER1X

Hi @MER1X 

@MER1X wrote:

Hi SueB,

Only the posts created by the flow are affected. Posts that were posted manually or before that remain or are still visible as normal. That the images disappear only happens with the images that are posted via the flow.

Many greetings

MER1X

I created a test flow using Adaptive Cards and compared the results to manually posting images. I examined the results using both the Teams web app and desktop app. 

• In the Teams web app, images remained regardless of being posted by the flow or manually.
  • In the Teams desktop app, images posted by the flow didn't appear while manually posted images remained. 

Unfortunately, there are known limitations with images posted via flow when viewed using the Teams desktop app. There have been several workarounds suggested, however those results are temporary. At this time, I can't verify that the limitations are currently being addressed.

Sue
Support Engineer
Microsoft Power Platform

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it more quickly! Have a great day!

SueB
Employee
Employee

Hi @MER1X 

Have you found a solution?

Authentication between Teams and the location where the images are stored might be another reason images are disappearing. Maybe authentication needs to be refreshed after a period of time or people need to login again. 

Sue
Support Engineer
Microsoft Power Platform

MER1X
Regular Visitor

Hi @SueB,

so far I have not found a solution to my problem. So far the problem remains exactly where it is.
For me it is exactly the same in the web application and desktop application, so here there is no difference in my case as with you.

I have always added a link still on the image, this always remains. The link then opens the image in the SharePoint.
Is of course not exactly what I want to achieve, but times a temporary solution.

Would you have other possible solutions or how to work around this in general?

Many greetings

MER1X

Hi @MER1X 

Please post the details of the action to post the message to Teams. 🙂

MER1XFlow.png

Sue
Support Engineer
Microsoft Power Platform

MER1X
Regular Visitor

Hi @SueB,

here are 2 screenshots of the process of my flow.
Unfortunately it does not work like this with the picture.

MER1X_2-1655818733239.png

MER1X_1-1655818499911.png

Many greetings

MER1X

Hi @MER1X 

Is varAttachments a link to the image?

Hi @MER1X 

The simple flow I created works consistently. It uses an Adaptive Card for posting an image to Teams.  Please try this flow and let me know the results. 

Adaptive Card, add the dynamic content for the url in quotes

DynamicContent.png

{
"$schema": "http://adaptivecards.io/schemas/adaptive-card.json",
"type": "AdaptiveCard",
"version": "1.0",
"body": [
{
"type": "Image",
"url": "",
"altText": "Test"
}
]
}

Flow:

Simple Working Flow Post Image Attachment to Teams.png

Details for Get attachments:

Simple Working Flow Get Attachments Action.png

Details for Post adaptive card to a chat or channel:

Simple Working Flow Adaptive Card Markup.png

Sue
Support Engineer
Microsoft Power Platform

MER1X
Regular Visitor

Hi @SueB,

Sorry, I was sick last week, therefore just now a feedback.

I have now tested it this way and so far the image remains there for 6 hours.
But it is only visible in the browser, unfortunately nobody sees it in the client.
In the client it looks like this for everyone.

MER1X_0-1656337614297.png

Many greetings

MER1X

Hi @MER1X 

I'm sorry to learn you were sick, I hope you are feeling better!!

As you noticed, the image only displays in the Teams web/browser app. Unfortunately, there are known limitations with images posted via flow when viewed using the Teams desktop/client app.

There have been several workarounds suggested, however those results are temporary. At this time, I can't verify that the limitations are currently being addressed.

While I imagine that this may not be the answer or outcome you were looking for, I hope it at least gives sufficient information to help you decide on how to proceed next.

Sue
Support Engineer
Microsoft Power Platform

MER1X
Regular Visitor

Hi @SueB,

could you maybe tell me if and if so when the problem will be fixed?

Or is this something that Microsoft is not yet on it or does not have on the screen?

Will omit the point for now, because unfortunately it does not work at all.
Since this point is so important, I will let the project rest for now.
Nevertheless, thanks for your help and I hope you can still answer the upper questions.

Many greetings

MER1X

Hi SueB,

I was having exactly the same issue and found out  access to the "thumbnail" temporary stored on "https://southcentralus1-mediap.svc.ms/transform/thumbnail" expired.  Below is the error message I was getting after 24 hrs. 

{"error":{
"code": "unauthenticated",
"message": "The access token has expired [ValidTo = Tuesday, February 28, 2023 9:00:00 AM UTC]",
"innererror": {
"code": "AccessExpired"
}
}}

Can we get the thumbnail saved on the same tenant it was originally generated or populated? 

Thanks, 

Lito

LucaSchildi
Regular Visitor

Bit late here, but did you find a solution?

Helpful resources

Announcements

Celebrating the May Super User of the Month: Laurens Martens

@LaurensM  is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community. Super Users like Laurens inspire others through their example, encouragement, and active participation. We are excited to celebrated Laurens as our Super User of the Month for May 2024.   Consistent Engagement:  He consistently engages with the community by answering forum questions, sharing insights, and providing solutions. Laurens dedication helps other users find answers and overcome challenges.   Community Expertise: As a Super User, Laurens plays a crucial role in maintaining a knowledge sharing environment. Always ensuring a positive experience for everyone.   Leadership: He shares valuable insights on community growth, engagement, and future trends. Their contributions help shape the Power Platform Community.   Congratulations, Laurens Martens, for your outstanding work! Keep inspiring others and making a difference in the community!   Keep up the fantastic work!        

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook today!

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Copilot Studio Community. We can't wait for you to share your expertise and your experience!    Join us for an amazing opportunity where you'll be one of the first to contribute to the Copilot Cookbook—your ultimate guide to mastering Microsoft Copilot. Whether you're seeking inspiration or grappling with a challenge while crafting apps, you probably already know that Copilot Cookbook is your reliable assistant, offering a wealth of tips and tricks at your fingertips--and we want you to add your expertise. What can you "cook" up?   Click this link to get started: https://aka.ms/CS_Copilot_Cookbook_Gallery   Don't miss out on this exclusive opportunity to be one of the first in the Community to share your app creation journey with Copilot. We'll be announcing a Cookbook Challenge very soon and want to make sure you one of the first "cooks" in the kitchen.   Don't miss your moment--start submitting in the Copilot Cookbook Gallery today!     Thank you,  Engagement Team

Announcing Power Apps Copilot Cookbook Gallery

We are excited to share that the all-new Copilot Cookbook Gallery for Power Apps is now available in the Power Apps Community, full of tips and tricks on how to best use Microsoft Copilot as you develop and create in Power Apps. The new Copilot Cookbook is your go-to resource when you need inspiration--or when you're stuck--and aren't sure how to best partner with Copilot while creating apps.   Whether you're looking for the best prompts or just want to know about responsible AI use, visit Copilot Cookbook for regular updates you can rely on--while also serving up some of your greatest tips and tricks for the Community. Check Out the new Copilot Cookbook for Power Apps today: Copilot Cookbook - Power Platform Community.  We can't wait to see what you "cook" up!    

Welcome to the Power Automate Community

You are now a part of a fast-growing vibrant group of peers and industry experts who are here to network, share knowledge, and even have a little fun.   Now that you are a member, you can enjoy the following resources:   Welcome to the Community   News & Announcements: The is your place to get all the latest news around community events and announcements. This is where we share with the community what is going on and how to participate.  Be sure to subscribe to this board and not miss an announcement.   Get Help with Power Automate Forums: If you're looking for support with any part of Power Automate, our forums are the place to go. From General Power Automate forums to Using Connectors, Building Flows and Using Flows.  You will find thousands of technical professionals, and Super Users with years of experience who are ready and eager to answer your questions. You now have the ability to post, reply and give "kudos" on the Power Automate community forums. Make sure you conduct a quick search before creating a new post because your question may have already been asked and answered. Galleries: The galleries are full of content and can assist you with information on creating a flow in our Webinars and Video Gallery, and the ability to share the flows you have created in the Power Automate Cookbook.  Stay connected with the Community Connections & How-To Videos from the Microsoft Community Team. Check out the awesome content being shared there today.   Power Automate Community Blog: Over the years, more than 700 Power Automate Community Blog articles have been written and published by our thriving community. Our community members have learned some excellent tips and have keen insights on the future of process automation. In the Power Automate Community Blog, you can read the latest Power Automate-related posts from our community blog authors around the world. Let us know if you'd like to become an author and contribute your own writing — everything Power Automate-related is welcome.   Community Support: Check out and learn more about Using the Community for tips & tricks. Let us know in the Community Feedback  board if you have any questions or comments about your community experience. Again, we are so excited to welcome you to the Microsoft Power Automate community family. Whether you are brand new to the world of process automation or you are a seasoned Power Automate veteran - our goal is to shape the community to be your 'go to' for support, networking, education, inspiration and encouragement as we enjoy this adventure together.     Power Automate Community Team

Hear what's next for the Power Up Program

Hear from Principal Program Manager, Dimpi Gandhi, to discover the latest enhancements to the Microsoft #PowerUpProgram, including a new accelerated video-based curriculum crafted with the expertise of Microsoft MVPs, Rory Neary and Charlie Phipps-Bennett. If you’d like to hear what’s coming next, click the link below to sign up today! https://aka.ms/PowerUp  

Tuesday Tip | How to Report Spam in Our Community

It's time for another TUESDAY TIPS, your weekly connection with the most insightful tips and tricks that empower both newcomers and veterans in the Power Platform Community! Every Tuesday, we bring you a curated selection of the finest advice, distilled from the resources and tools in the Community. Whether you’re a seasoned member or just getting started, Tuesday Tips are the perfect compass guiding you across the dynamic landscape of the Power Platform Community.   As our community family expands each week, we revisit our essential tools, tips, and tricks to ensure you’re well-versed in the community’s pulse. Keep an eye on the News & Announcements for your weekly Tuesday Tips—you never know what you may learn!   Today's Tip: How to Report Spam in Our Community We strive to maintain a professional and helpful community, and part of that effort involves keeping our platform free of spam. If you encounter a post that you believe is spam, please follow these steps to report it: Locate the Post: Find the post in question within the community.Kebab Menu: Click on the "Kebab" menu | 3 Dots, on the top right of the post.Report Inappropriate Content: Select "Report Inappropriate Content" from the menu.Submit Report: Fill out any necessary details on the form and submit your report.   Our community team will review the report and take appropriate action to ensure our community remains a valuable resource for everyone.   Thank you for helping us keep the community clean and useful!

Users online (4,048)