cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CrazyYellowAnt

Uploading files to a variable OneDrive location - is it possible?

Hi everyone,

TLDR: I want to automate saving files named [project number]_XXX.ppt to OneDrive\Project Files\[project number]\Presentations\ - is it possible?

Before I commit to learning Power Apps and Power Automate, I wanted to make sure it's adaptable enough for my needs.

Let's consider the following case:

1. Every week, I'll have a couple of (.ppt) project files that I need to upload to a specific location on OneDrive

2. Each file's name starts with a project number (e.g. this week the files are 001_XXX.ppt, 002_YYY.ppt, and 003_ZZZ.ppt)

3. Each file needs to be saved in the following (already existing) path:
OneDrive\Project Files\[File's number]\Powerpoint Presentations\Final Presentation
(so "001_XXX.ppt" would be uploaded to: OneDrive\Project Files\001\Powerpoint Presentations\Final Presentation\001_XXX.ppt)

Instead of manually uploading each file to the desired location, I would like to automate this process, for example by:

• creating an app that will allow me to upload by typing in the project number (if needed), and attaching the project file

or

• creating a folder (and subfolders with project numbers if needed) on my desktop (or OneDrive if needed) where I would copy my project files and a process flow would automatically upload them

Is this something I can achieve with Power Apps and/or Power Automate? If so, could I also use the first 3 characters of the files' names as variables to define the destination path? 
Many thanks!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,302)