cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

When Item is Deleted trigger returning empy values

Are there any special requirements needed to get this trigger to return values? I’ve built a flow and pointed it at a SharePoint calendar with just a basic email notification.

The trigger does start when I delete a calendar item, but the flow sends empty values for all fields except for ID (Deleted By, Filename with Extension, and Name are all EMPTY).

I tried turning on versioning for the calendar, but that did not help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @cmoore 

Got it. This is a bug and was identified just a couple days ago. Here is the thread that mentions the same and this has been raised as a bug to MS Flow and should be addressed soon in the next releases. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/File-name-no-longer-available-with-File-...

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi @cmoore ,

We have already reported this issue, and if there are any updates, we will post back.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @cmoore 

The "When an item is deleted" trigger works after the item is deleted. So basically you will not get any other information than what you mentioned in the post already. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted

Thanks @yashag2255 

What I'm saying is that the other values you mentioned that are all empty except for ID. All the other discussions have had those few values return info.

Here's what I have seen when reviewing the run info:
{
"ID": 356,
  "Name": "",
  "FileNameWithExtension": "",
  "DeletedByUserName": "",
  "TimeDeleted": "2019-07-12T15:18:27Z",
  "IsFolder": false
}
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @cmoore 

Got it. This is a bug and was identified just a couple days ago. Here is the thread that mentions the same and this has been raised as a bug to MS Flow and should be addressed soon in the next releases. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/File-name-no-longer-available-with-File-...

Hope this Helps!

Highlighted

Hi @cmoore ,

We have already reported this issue, and if there are any updates, we will post back.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (11,891)