cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raimon

Why do I need Power Automate standalone license if Office 365 E5 is already there

Hi All, 

I am fairly new to Power Platform, been using Power BI since long. We are looking to expand into Power Platform.

Currently looking into create a flow using Power Automate to fetch forms data in Power BI. I would like to understand which license is advisable for immediate and longer term.

I have office 365 E5 subscription which includes Power Automate as I understand.

The only capabilities not included within office 365 are 

1. Access on-premises data or use premium or custom connectors

2. Limited Access to Common Data Service Capabilities. 

Why would I need Common Data Service? 

Please answer in terms of -

a) Current Requirement : create a flow using Power Automate to fetch forms data in Power BI. Will CDS play any role here?

b) Future Usage : In order to use Power Automate to make lives easier, should we invest in standalone license to get CDS as well.

c) If I buy standalone Power Automate license, do I need to buy separate license for PowerApps or a single license would do.

1 REPLY 1
Rahber
Super User II
Super User II

1) CDS will not play any role here if you are not using CDS as data source or any connector that requires it.

2) It depends on your requirement. If you plan to use CDS in future its worth the investment now.

3) If you buy standalone Power Automate license its only for Power Automate so whether if you are using power automate only or power automate through powerapps, you are covered.

Please click Accept as Solution if it resolved your problem or give it a Thumbs Up if it helped you in anyway this will allow other people to search correct solutions effectively.

Thanks,

Rahber

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (44,476)