cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

new list item > copy/paste folder > add link on each list row to redirect to library folder related to..

Hello guys, I want to create this:

when adding a new list item >> copy/paste a folder template in the library that takes the list item name. OK I did this 🙂

But I want to also add an list link to the folder created... and I need help for this..

any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hey, @loikite , if you could show us the actions that you used to make the folder.

What I'd suspect is that you're able to get the folder ID from the action that created it (wherever that was SharePoint/OneDrive/GoogleDrive) once you have that, you're on the road to making the URL.

For example, with a SharePoint folder you would have something like the following, where DOMAIN is your domain ( 😏 ) and the FOLDERID is the ... folder ID :

https://DOMAIN.sharepoint.com/sites/blog/Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx?viewid=FOLDERID&id=%2Fsites%2Fblog%2FShared%20Documents%2Ftesting

Just make a variable that stores/puts together the various details, and you can then amend the list/library column with that link using an "Update item" action.

I'm not suggesting that retrieving that information is easy if you're just searching for it, though. Hence why I am suggesting that you ensure that taking the ID is a part of the folder creation in the first place.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (4,708)