Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielvi
Helper I
Helper I

Dataverse different language environments

Hello,

We have this scenario: A Development environment that was created using Spanish as main language and Production environment that was created using English as main language.

At the Development environment, for example, the table Users is called Usuarios, Accounts->Cuentas and so on.

When we created a Canvas App and use the Usuarios table and reference its columns for example Nombre (Name), all works perfect. Then when we export it and then import it into the Production environment and edit the app, Power Apps change Usuarios to Users, as expected, but it keeps the columns name as in Spanish, then we have, Users.Nombre and off course we got errors.

Using the columns internal names would be the solution but Power Apps does not allow this, so the questions are:

What is the recommend (or supported) way to work for Development -> Production environments? All of them must be in the same language.? Or is there a way to work with environments with different languages but avoiding the issues explained before?

Thanks,

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @danielvi ,

You'll need to create translations for the column labels for the target language, then export those and bring them into the target environment.

Have a review of the article below on how to achieve this.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/data-platform/translate-entity-label-text 

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @danielvi ,

You'll need to create translations for the column labels for the target language, then export those and bring them into the target environment.

Have a review of the article below on how to achieve this.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/data-platform/translate-entity-label-text 

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (14,803)