cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geoff_Olives
Advocate I
Advocate I

Official Dataverse Power Apps documentation

There are differences between Power Apps and the apps that run inside of Teams. For instance, I just finished the "Power App In A Day" course from Microsoft. In that course we added shading to the selected record in the list, we had a label at the top that defined a color scheme, etc. There is no similar property for many of the objects I find in Dataverse Power Apps.

Is there a guide or a list of differences between what Microsoft educates us on and what is available to use? Everything I find is for the full Power Apps reference guides.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Geoff_Olives
Advocate I
Advocate I

One of the things I've noticed is that the controls are different--it turns out that the controls for Power Apps for Teams / Dataverse are fluent. There is a chart of controls showing the difference between classic Power App controls and these new Fluent UI controls:
Difference between Fluent UI and classic controls 

This might be exactly the documentation I was looking for.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @Geoff_Olives,

The training you did seems like Power Apps canvas apps. Dataverse and Dataverse for Teams are model-driven apps rather than canvas apps. Dataverse for Teams is a lite version of Dataverse with only the basic features and access through Teams only. Here's more info below via the Microsoft documentation:

Hope this helps!

Geoff_Olives
Advocate I
Advocate I

I will say that we covered by Canvas Apps and Model-Driven apps in the App-in-a-day course. I have definitely created a Canvas app here. It is using the data in CDS, but it does not use the same sitemap designer, form designer, view designer, Business Rule designer, or Business Process flow designer that Model-Driven apps use.

This is "Canvas-lite".  And the app is listed as "Type: Canvas" in my list of All items created for this Team:
2020-11-19 15_25_37-Power Apps _ Microsoft Teams.png

I will check out your links. Thank you very much!

Geoff_Olives
Advocate I
Advocate I

One of the things I've noticed is that the controls are different--it turns out that the controls for Power Apps for Teams / Dataverse are fluent. There is a chart of controls showing the difference between classic Power App controls and these new Fluent UI controls:
Difference between Fluent UI and classic controls 

This might be exactly the documentation I was looking for.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (2,365)