Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VilPel
Helper II
Helper II

Guest users in Power Apps

Hello community,

Is it possible to give a guest user in a tenant access to a Power App? My current account has a Microsoft E3 license in tenant A and I'd like to have an access to a Power App in tenant B with the guest user. How to share the access to the app to the guest user in a correct way?

Also, does the guest user inherit the license from my current account in tenant A of my guest user? Would I be able to use a Power App in Teams and log into the connectors such as Outlook, SharePoint, Dataverse...? + Would my guest user be able to access the Power Platform admin center and https://make.powerapps.com/?

Could someone help me with this and give me more information about guest users and Power Apps?

Thank you in advance,

4 REPLIES 4
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Yes guest user's can be given access to Power Apps.  But they will need an appropriate Power Apps license either in their own tenant or your tenant.

Share a canvas app with guest users - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
VilPel
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks for your response.

So if I have a Power Apps Plan 2 Trial in my own org, my guest user is able to use that license too? How about the licenses such as E3/E5? Do they inherit too?

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

No, each user has to have their own license.  You can assign them a license from your tenant or they can use one from their own tenant.  But they must have an appropriate license.  You can't assign a trial license to someone else.  But whether they need a per user license or an E3/E5 license depends on the app. If it uses premium features like Dataverse then they will need a per user license.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VilPel ,

Please refer to below doc which has everything about how to share a canvas app with guest users, including FAQs:

Share a canvas app with guest users - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,501)