cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadaraLux
Regular Visitor

Can't create connection to Excel database (non Google Drive, OneDrive)

Hello!

I finally start to build my first PowerApps web portal. And I stuck in connection with database. Previous, when I build mobile versions, it was very simple, but now I can`t figure out how I can connect with external database. I tried to connect with OneDrive and GoogleDrive spredsheets, but in both ways I get warning: Exception: DataSource.Error: Data type is HTML, but we do not expected this format. Probably URL is incorrect.

It looks like this (sorry, I cannot change my native language settings)

warrning.PNG

And they don`t let me go further... 😞

Can you suggest me, how I can make connection with external database and also operate with database data? Maybe you can suggest me some good tutorials how to get data in my PowerApps web portal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@MadaraLux 

As the image shown, it only supports to import excel files from OneDrive for business! It can't be either personal OneDrive or Google Drive.

Snipaste_2020-01-22_09-41-37.png

Sik

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@MadaraLux 

Could you share more details with your spreadsheet?

Are you using Office 365 OneDrive?

Have you formed the excel spreadsheet as a table? (Reference: Format the Excel data as a table. )

Please check this video: https://youtu.be/02NWfHRYkeo?t=1337 . it shows how to import excel to CDS.

If that still doesn't work, we will need to get some more details 

Sik

Thanks you very much for the answer. The tutorial is very helpful and the feeling that someone helps is pleasant (@v-siky-msft). 😊

Looks like, I have problem with my Office 365 account. I tried to connect PowerApps business account with my private OneDrive account. As I understand, it`s not possible, right?

And what about Google Drive? Can I create PowerApps portal which is connected with Google Excel spredsheet?

@MadaraLux 

As the image shown, it only supports to import excel files from OneDrive for business! It can't be either personal OneDrive or Google Drive.

Snipaste_2020-01-22_09-41-37.png

Sik

View solution in original post

@v-siky-msft 

Ok, interesting that in my native language translation I do not have that helpfull explenation.

Thanks u very much. I felt a little bit blonde 🙂 but now I understand my problem and get in touch with my Office 365 admins.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,733)