cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Need Cancel button on Entity Form in power apps portal

Hello,

I have a Create Entity Form for one of the entity, On that form, I can see the Submit button to insert the records into the entity, Along the line I also need the Cancel button to cancel the form, However, I have a * sign on the top right section of the form to cancel the form.

Please suggest any solution to this.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can achieve that via JS/jQuery

You can add the below code into the Custom JavaScript section on your Entity Form

$(document).ready(function(){
    AddCloseButton();
});

function AddCloseButton(){
    var button ="<input type='button' class='btn btn-warning' value='Close' onclick='parent.$(\".form-close\").eq(0).click();'/>"
    $("#EntityFormControl_EntityFormView").next().append(button);
};

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Super User II
Super User II

hi

can you add a snapshot with the issue and what you need?

is your entity form showing as a pop-up within an entity list?

------------

Oliver Rodrigues

Hi @OliverRodrigues ,

Let's say I have a web page in the power apps portal, and I have one form component on that web page, as shown in the screenshot below,
Besides the Submit button in the form component, I need the 'Cancel' button to reload the same page.

praneshJ_1-1600330289416.png

Please add comments on this.

You can achieve that via JS/jQuery

You can add the below code into the Custom JavaScript section on your Entity Form

$(document).ready(function(){
    AddCloseButton();
});

function AddCloseButton(){
    var button ="<input type='button' class='btn btn-warning' value='Close' onclick='parent.$(\".form-close\").eq(0).click();'/>"
    $("#EntityFormControl_EntityFormView").next().append(button);
};

------------

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

@praneshJ did that solution work ? if yes can you mark as answer so people can refer to it in the future?

thanks

Oliver Rodrigues

Hi @OliverRodrigues ,

The button is getting displayed on the popup as expected, but on click of that button popup window is not getting closed using the given code in above solution.

praneshJ_0-1600936627647.png

Any alternatives to close the popup on click of this close button, would be really helpful.

Regards,

In my code I am finding the main close button "x" via class: form-close

inspect your element and see if you have the same class there, if it is a different one you can replace in the code

Oliver Rodrigues

Hi @OliverRodrigues ,

In my code I am finding the main close button "x" via class: close,

and i have replaced it with the close in my code now, please check the below screen shot.code.PNG

but it still not getting closed.

when I checked replacing close with form-close that in the browser, its working fine then.

Please suggest any alternatives or let me know how can I replace the class for that "x"  button ?

I am really thankful for your quick replies.

Regards,

is it working for you with the .close class? 

whatever class works for you is fine, there is no need to change the x button

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Users online (7,157)