cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DMum
Advocate II
Advocate II

Solution Forms look and feel vs PowerApps Portal Look and Feel

In "Solution," the New Account  form looks like this ( Which I like)

DMum_0-1618014508740.png

however, when I put the exact form in the powerapps Portal, it looks like this (doesn't look that great! - my opinion)

DMum_1-1618014654369.png

Is there a way to make the "Portal" form look exactly like in the "Solution" form? I tried the IFrame approach where I hard code the URL; however, that's the last option (I really don't want to do it).

Any advice - appreciated.

Best,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OOlashyn
Super User
Super User

Hi @DMum,

Forms on the portal will not look 100% as forms in powerapps as they are using different styling. You can modify styling to fit your needs (but you need to know css for that) - for example, check this video from Franco Musso on how to completely change portal look and feel. If we are talking about timeline, as @hershal1999  pointed out you need to add Entity Form Metadata to show timeline on the form. Please check this article from Nick Hayduk on tineline. One thing to point out is that timeline control will always be rendered in the bottom of the page and not in the middle of the form.

Regarding iframe - you shouldn't do that. Embedding model driven app into portal for showing different UI has a lot of side effects + you would have issues with licensing costs and persmissions.

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
hershal1999

Hello,

When you say you don't like it do you mean you want to show the time line control on the portal? If yes then you need to add the entity form meta data for the control to show up on the portal.

If this is not the case can you please elaborate on your expectations?

OOlashyn
Super User
Super User

Hi @DMum,

Forms on the portal will not look 100% as forms in powerapps as they are using different styling. You can modify styling to fit your needs (but you need to know css for that) - for example, check this video from Franco Musso on how to completely change portal look and feel. If we are talking about timeline, as @hershal1999  pointed out you need to add Entity Form Metadata to show timeline on the form. Please check this article from Nick Hayduk on tineline. One thing to point out is that timeline control will always be rendered in the bottom of the page and not in the middle of the form.

Regarding iframe - you shouldn't do that. Embedding model driven app into portal for showing different UI has a lot of side effects + you would have issues with licensing costs and persmissions.

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

View solution in original post

DMum
Advocate II
Advocate II

Thank you @OOlashyn for your helpful links. I gather there is no OOTB look and feel (similar to solution) and one has to create one based on his/her requirement.

Also thank you @hershal1999 your insight regarding metadata (which I did not notice since I was more worried about the look and feel and forgot about the timeline)

May your tribe thrive 🐘 🙏 to both of you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (17,610)