cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ahammad_Riyaz
Helper V
Helper V

Connection String for Csv file( csv as a database)

Am working on Power automate desktop, i have to work on csv file , i need to filter csv file so i need to work as csv as a database. So is there any connection string for csv file , am tried with excel connection string it is not working.

If anyone worked on csv as a database please let me know.

5 REPLIES 5
WorkingForFood
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

What are you doing with the csv data after it is filtered?

Depending on what your next steps are, you could Loop through each row of your CSV file and use IF / THEN conditions to filter down to the data you need (without having to import the data into a database).

ShanKM
Helper I
Helper I

Ahammad_Riyaz
Helper V
Helper V

As per my view we don’t have connection string for csv and I can’t even work for if conditions because am doing filtering around 30k data so it takes around 5 hours, now i got solutions i need to create a temp excel file and I can work as excel as a database.

Ahammad_Riyaz
Helper V
Helper V

As per my view we don’t have connection string for csv and I can’t even work for if conditions because am doing filtering around 30k data so it takes around 5 hours, now i got solutions i need to create a temp excel file and I can work as excel as a database.

timwang
Frequent Visitor

Using the interface power automate desktop provides, it's very easy and handy to build your SQL connection for Excel, then you can use SQL doing a lot easily. See this post: Trying to use Excel as Database - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

timwang_0-1624862190711.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,241)