cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
demaionewton
Helper I
Helper I

Purpose of multiple Selectors in UI Element?

UI elements can have multiple selectors, but I haven't been able to find any documentation on what having multiple selectors does.

Does it start with the first selector, if it works, it's done, if not, it goes to the next?  Does it go based on the autonaming?  In the example below, would Default Selector run first or Default Selector 2?

Can anyone explain the purpose and use of multiple Selectors?

demaionewton_0-1660741993790.png

2 REPLIES 2
Henrik_M
Super User
Super User

Yes, it works as you guessed. The top one is tried first.

Use cases are quite rare, and it is definitely not a thing you would use often enough for the PAD team to dedicate a quarter of the space to the feature #facepalm 🤦‍♂️

The thing I have to laugh at is the naming convention of Default Selector 1, 2, etc.  If I change the order Default Selector 3 can come before 2, etc.  Does it only go to the 2nd selector if the first one fails?  And, Could I, say, create a UI Element named login that would use the same user name across all websites by using a selector from each website.  It would only succeed for the one it was on...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,212)