cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnMarkPerez
Frequent Visitor

Running unattended desktop flow in FULL HD (1920x1080)

Hello, I found that there are alot of people that doesnt know this little trick to fix the native resulotion of azure VM desktop.

1. Open azure VM desktop via remote desktop.

2. Navigate to file folder: (C:\Program Files (x86)\Power Automate Desktop).

3. Edit config file: (UIFlowService.exe.config).

4. Under the "Screen resolution setting", Change the "ScreenDefaultResolutionEnabled" value to *"true"*.

4a. You are also able to chage the resulotion if needed.

5. Save the config file, and restart VM desktop.

Enjoy. Best Regards -John Mark

7 REPLIES 7
vamsi_varanasi
Helper IV
Helper IV

Thanks @JohnMarkPerez .

I am planning to implement the unattended bot. can we make this screen resolution change through automation ?  so every time the bot runs and it makes sure the resolution is set to required always. 

Hello! Yes, You can simple use "Get screen resolution" action to get the current monitorwidth and ,-height. Then use the variables produced in a condition.

vamsi_varanasi
Helper IV
Helper IV

Thanks, I am about to reply on this. 

Currently I am facing an issue while creating the Machines and Machine Groups, would you be able to help ? 

Unfortunately i cannot, We are also having issue with implementing Machines and Machine Groups where som user cannot use the connection. We are still using Gateways connection in our environment.

Thanks again!! that means are you just using attended bot license ( trigger email , share point or schedule ) etc. 

I am facing this issue, do your team also face the same - 

Failed to create connection for connection id '/providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apis/shared_uiflow/connections/shared-uiflow-736322aa'. You have reached the maximum number of connections for the 'uiflow' API.

You can run unattended desktop flow via Gateways, im not quite sure how this was setup. But our desktop flows do run in Azure VM desktop just with Gateways connection.

When you say unattended desktop flow via gateway , do you trigger from cloud flow and have a attended license for PAD with in Azure VM ? 

or 

trigger from cloud flow and have a unattended add-on license for PAD in Azure VM ? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,773)