cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MelissaReed
Advocate II
Advocate II

Dataverse Update A Row won't let me enter Row ID

When I try to use Dataverse Update Item, it  locks itself shut with a red exclamation circle if I try to specify the Row ID.

I've been using Flow to access Excel and Sharepoint for about two years.  I am creating my first flow against Dataverse. 

I've successfully called Get Items and executed a Select on the result and Filter Array to work with a limited set of the results.  

o

Where I'm getting stuck is the call Update A Row.   The connector opens up and allow me to set Table name.

MelissaReed_0-1649735200722.png

I click into the next field, RowID.   But when I click the blue variable selector button, it immediately snaps the action step shut , with a red exclamation mark in a red circle.

MelissaReed_1-1649735679934.png

If the action is held in something larger (like a control structure) and I close/reopen the next level up, then it goes back to looking like the first image and can delete it.   

Has anyone had this happen -- what is the cause?   Could it be a permissions issue?  (It only realizes when I choose the Table/Entity I don't have permission..?)  Grabbing at straws here.    I didn't create this app / Dataverse.  I was just asked to create a short workflow for it.   I was told I had permissions to the data.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,377)