Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dflemming
Helper I
Helper I

File System Connector adding forward slash to path

Hi there, 

My flow shows double slashes in the root of the gateway filesystem connector then a forward slash before the file I'm creating in that folder. I'm copying a sharepoint list attachment. Here is the error:

Check your request parameters to make sure the path 'E:\\gateway\\PendingInvoices/Test.pdf' exists on your file system.
gatewayInvoices.jpg

The connector is setup correctly with the domain\user format and the user has write access to the path.
I have another filesystem connector on different gateway that leaves the path unchanged and works fine. I can't see why this gateway is behaving differently.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for testing that Lin.

I did the same thing and put the path into a compose and used that in the create file action. 

gateway 4.jpg

I still get the same error however.

gateway 5.jpg

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dflemming,

I tested on my side to create a file in the old subfolder and find the same issue.

As a workaround, I create a new subfolder under the root folder, then it solved my problem, please have a try:

Annotation 2020-05-26 141745.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the tip. I added another folder to the path but it hasn't solved the problem. 

gateway 2.jpg

I added a "New" sub-folder into the path but the forward slash still starts at the filename.

The Connector's root folder is E:\gateway so that makes it 2 folders deep.

Hi @dflemming,

How about trying to create a new folder under the root folder? such as E:\gateway\NewSubfolder

The problem may be caused by the PendingInvoices folder.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks again Lin, unfortunately I get the same error but a different path.

"The requested action could not be completed. Check your request parameters to make sure the path 'E:\\gateway\\New/renewal of subscription.pdf' exists on your file system."

Kind regards, Dale

Hi @dflemming,

It's weird, I tested it again, and on my side, it indeed caused by the subfolder.

The "Test" folder is the subfolder with the issue, so I created the NewSubfolder:

Annotation 2020-05-26 173327.jpg

Then I put the path into the Compose action, then append Folder path by using output of Compose action, and it works correctly:

Annotation 2020-05-26 173512.jpg

Best Regards,

Thank you for testing that Lin.

I did the same thing and put the path into a compose and used that in the create file action. 

gateway 4.jpg

I still get the same error however.

gateway 5.jpg

I followed one of your other threads and did a separate test of the connector in a simple flow and it worked fine.

gateway 6.jpg

I then recreated the entire flow with a fixed list item ID and ran it from the manual button and the file was created this time.

gateway 7.jpg

That's great, but now I don't understand why it doesn't work when the trigger is "For A Selected Item". 

I'll create the flow again and let you know if it works. 

I can't work out why it fails in the "For A Selected Item" trigger so I have stopped using that trigger. It's not really a solution but the troubleshooting support was excellent and I have found another way to work around the issue. 

FreeRangeDingo
Helper I
Helper I

The extra slash is a bit of a red herring.  I found this error to be caused by a bad connection.  When I setup my connection, I did not include the domain.  For my user name, I just entered jsebby.  It should have included the domain, like abc\jsebby.  

domain\username

When I updated the connection to include the domain, the error (and the extra slash) went away.  

FreeRangeDingo is correct, simply using the correct credentials format fixes this backslash issue. Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (5,100)