cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Adding a row to excel was passing before but not anymore

So basically, I have a flow that tries to fetch data from Dynamics 365 DB then I write whatever was fetch from the said DB to Excel.

It was passing before, but for some reason, I usually now get this error:

image.png

So for reference, here is my flow which was failing now:

image.png

I want to know what was the cause of this and how can we possibly fix and avoid this. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Adding a row to excel was passing before but not anymore

Hi @kydoodfjell ,

As replied before, the error message told that the target session is invalid, you need to troubleshooting it with the error message. 

Take a try to add the row to another table or take a try to add a new item to the sharepoint list to see if the issue still exists.

Best regards,

Alice   

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kydoodfjell ,

Could you please share the screenshot of the add a row into a table action?

I'm afraid that there is any wrong in the action configuration.

And the error message told that the target session is invalid, you need to troubleshooting it with the error message.

Take a try to add the row to another table or take a try to add a new item to the sharepoint list to see if the issue still exists.

Best regards,

Alice   

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi,

As requested, here it is:

image.png

Actually I have a bunch of these but sometimes, it does fail for some reason. So I want to ask, what would be the best way to avoid this happening? Thank you.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kydoodfjell ,

As replied before, the error message told that the target session is invalid, you need to troubleshooting it with the error message. 

Best regards,

Alice   

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks for reply. And as per experience, it was intermittently happening since I was adding rows in excel inside a loop, and after adding some rows successfully, then that error happens at some point and its very inconsistent with the very same set of data. Say I will insert

[

apple,

banana,

orange,

mango,

grapes

]

at some point, that error will appear when I try to insert orange. But sometimes, success happens after orange then it will fail at mango. You see what I mean here?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kydoodfjell ,

Sorry for I couldn't help you on this since it couldn't be confirmed on my side.

Best regards,

Alice   

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (10,154)