cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
melvinmajor

Approvals connector facing UserNotMemberOfCdsSecurityGroup error

Hi all,

I'm currently working on a new flow for one of my clients and I'm facing the 'UserNotMemberOfCdsSecurityGroup' error.

melvinmajor_1-1641398703221.png

My client is running a Dynamics 365 Sales Enterprise license which is used for a CRM environment and we want to set up a Microsoft Form to give the ability to users to ask for informations update based on SharePoint page showing related datas with an approval passing to a specific type of member of their organization.

I checked in the forum and didn't find anything suitable as members of different organizations aren't allowed to access the CRM environment made on PowerPlatform/Dynamics 365.

How could I fix this error and give the ability to external members invited to the environment to be able to use approval systems?

Kind regards,

Melvin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
melvinmajor

Hi again,

I managed to fix the issue with the default environment (which has no security group assigned).
The approval seems to work fluently now with a separate SP list which is used to check certain fields, retrieve the e-mail address and send it to users who have to receive the approval.

Thank you for giving me the idea of working on other environments and check group security assigned to environments 😉 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

In the Power Platform admin center check the environment where you are building the approval flow.  Any environment other than the default environment can be secured using a Security Group.  The person you are using as an approver is probably not a member of that security group.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

No matter which environment I choose, the issue persists.
Is it really necessary to add +5000 users in a security group other than the one they're supposed to be (which close access to Dynamics 365)?

Did you look to see if the environment is actually secured using a Security Group?  Adding them to the Security group is only required if the environment is actually secured using a Security Group.  Not all environments are.  But if they are then yes the user needs to be added to that group.  Here's an example of one of my environments that is secured using a group.  When I've seen the error you reference this has been the issue in my environment.

image.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi Pstork1,

Sorry for the late reply, lots of stuff to do currently at work.
We are working on this project with a triple environment system: the default one, a production one and a DEV.
I checked for the security group just like on your screenshot on our DEV environment (which is the one we try everything before switching to Production), a security group is mentioned so you were right.

I tried the exact same flow on the default environment, the issue is there even though no security group assigned.
We are using the default environment for basic Flows that are accessible to all users, no problem if users have access to those with forms approvals.

melvinmajor

Hi again,

I managed to fix the issue with the default environment (which has no security group assigned).
The approval seems to work fluently now with a separate SP list which is used to check certain fields, retrieve the e-mail address and send it to users who have to receive the approval.

Thank you for giving me the idea of working on other environments and check group security assigned to environments 😉 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,270)