cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rapier
Regular Visitor

Converting file: Error from Office Service.

Hi,

I have an old flow, which worked perfectly, but now I get the following error message:

Error from Office Service. Url=https://euc.wordcs.officeapps.live.com/document/export/pdf HttpCode=NotFound cert=subject:;thumbprint: ResponseHeaders=Connection: close
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 06:41:01 GMT
Server: Microsoft-IIS/10.0
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET

I don't understand this issue, why it appears now?

Rapier_0-1713854122501.pngRapier_1-1713854162761.png

Rapier_4-1713854707753.png

I try to check this issue in other comments, but none of the mentioned solution works for me...

I checked the connections, and the result of create file step, both of these seems to me good.

Rapier_2-1713854409206.png

Rapier_3-1713854661259.png

Do you have any idea, how can I fix it?

79 REPLIES 79
majorfriend
Advocate II
Advocate II

Mine is also still not working.
I deleted all my connections and recreated, created a new export of the solution from Dev and imported to Prod, and even created an entirely new flow with a new connection. Same error on all of them.

Still waiting to hear back on my ticket with MS

SOLUTION:

go to "https://make.powerapps.com/environments/Default-12f921d85a/logicflows

from left menu Click on " ...More" / click on "Connections"

Select connection "OneDrive for Business" / and Delete it

from Top Menu click on "+ New Connection"

from list select "OneDrive for Business" and click on the plus sign on the right "+"

from left menu select "Flows" and edit your affected flow. 

Click on the OneDrive for Business flow item that was being affected and expand it. Click "Add new connection" and wait 3 seconds.

Do this for each affected OneDrive for Business flow connections.

Good Lock!  🙂

Ya, this is what I tried this morning and it didn't work for me.

lizbiz520
Frequent Visitor

This is happening to me as well. Have a flow that is used daily all throughout the day and has randomly thrown this error all of a sudden.

Error from Office Service. Url=https://wordcs.officeapps.live.com/document/export/pdf HttpCode=NotFound cert=subject:;thumbprint: ResponseHeaders=Connection: close

yes,this is was suggested since yesterday. Many people tried this and work. But when i deleted and created new connection then run the flow, it still gives me 404 not found error.

i wondered if it depends on environment or what. But both personal and production connection of onedrive still not working for me and some others too.

robb1
Regular Visitor

I'm having this issue this morning too when converting .doc to pdf - Error from Office Service. Url=https://euc.wordcs.officeapps.live.com/document/export/pdf HttpCode=NotFound cert=subject:;thumbprint: ResponseHeaders=Connection: close

I have deleted all onedrive connections and created new ones - still get the same error.

joshke
Frequent Visitor

Same here, tried to create a new flow with a new connection - same error! 

siimgorczyca
Frequent Visitor

might not be the perfect solution to some of you, but it worked for me. you can replace the action with the Word Online for Business connector action called "Convert Word Document to PDF". It is premium, but works without any issue.

Yes, this worked for me on a flow. But my other flow is to convert excel(online) to PDF so I cannot use word doc to pdf. I need OneDrive->Convert to PDF to works again. Does anyone know the ticket ID for this bug? I will escalate it thru my support.

paulbeck1
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

The work around is to use another connector to do the conversion.  If you are on a standard licencing for your users, then you can use the Encodian connector to convert word to pdf, however you do need an Encodian account and the free version does work for free (limited conversions) using standard licencing.

I raise a support ticket with MS, as this is an error for anyone using the OneDrive for Business Connector to convert word docs into pdf's.  The error is a 404 so the service has change at the Microsoft end.  I got a reply from support last night late.. "We checked internally and it is the outage from the OneDrive team, and we are transferring case to OneDrive team and Concern Engineer will get back to you."

I imagine this will be corrected today or shortly..

Hello,the problem has not been recovered, when can it be recovered? It's urgent for us to use.Thanks a lot.

Error from Office Service. Url=https://euc.wordcs.officeapps.live.com/document/export/pdf HttpCode=NotFound cert=subject:;thumbprint: ResponseHeaders=Connection: close
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 10:43:31 GMT
Server: Microsoft-IIS/10.0
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET

"status"404,
  "message""Error from Office Service. Url=https://euc.wordcs.officeapps.live.com/document/export/pdf HttpCode=NotFound cert=subject:;thumbprint: ResponseHeaders=Connection: close\r\nDate: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 10:43:31 GMT\r\nServer: Microsoft-IIS/10.0\r\nX-Powered-By: ASP.NET\r\n",
  "source""api.connectorp.svc.ms"
}

Is there any progress?Any feedback from Microsoft?Thanks.

hi,i try this,same error

Hi @LinWeiXue - I got an msg that MS will call me on Monday afternoon.

At this point, I'd recommend don't create new flows with the OD4B Convert action, for existing flows if your users have premium licences use the Word convert action to replace in existing flows.  If you have too many flows and low priority flows, you'll need to wait for MS to fix the underlying issue. 

There are many flows and they are used every day in our company.I had to wait.thanks.

Outline 3 min mp4 of the issue: https://youtu.be/bCaaTHSDxtM

Yungkingdre

I also have a similar challenge. What is the way out. I have tried all the provided solution but none is working

LinWeiXue
Frequent Visitor

Microsoft is too slow to deal with problems

AlexEncodian
Super User
Super User

If you need a temporary fix, the Encodian action is working fine, is available within a Standard connector and has a free tier:

AlexEncodian_0-1714391268368.png

JamieD
Regular Visitor

I've had this issue since mid-last week. Oddly, I found out today that my colleague, who works with different flows, hasn't.

I've spent most of today trying to isolate what the exact issue is. I've removed connectors and readded them, recreated entire flows, created brand new test flows and other things besides.

I've narrowed it down to this: It seems that older Word files (i.e. older than about a week ago) are able to be converted absolutely fine, no problems at all. But any Word files created or uploaded to OneDrive since then fail to convert, and produce the error reported. Interestingly, this includes old files (which work) which are downloaded and then reuploaded without any changes. Even Word files that I create directly in OneDrive fail to convert. However, if I copy an old file from one folder to another, converting it still works.

So for us, it seems to be an issue with the creation of word files somehow being different now, which is causing the Convert flow to fail.

Although my colleague's flows work perfectly fine. Maybe it's just certain OneDrives? Go figure...

Helpful resources

Announcements

Celebrating the May Super User of the Month: Laurens Martens

@LaurensM  is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community. Super Users like Laurens inspire others through their example, encouragement, and active participation. We are excited to celebrated Laurens as our Super User of the Month for May 2024.   Consistent Engagement:  He consistently engages with the community by answering forum questions, sharing insights, and providing solutions. Laurens dedication helps other users find answers and overcome challenges.   Community Expertise: As a Super User, Laurens plays a crucial role in maintaining a knowledge sharing environment. Always ensuring a positive experience for everyone.   Leadership: He shares valuable insights on community growth, engagement, and future trends. Their contributions help shape the Power Platform Community.   Congratulations, Laurens Martens, for your outstanding work! Keep inspiring others and making a difference in the community!   Keep up the fantastic work!        

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook today!

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Copilot Studio Community. We can't wait for you to share your expertise and your experience!    Join us for an amazing opportunity where you'll be one of the first to contribute to the Copilot Cookbook—your ultimate guide to mastering Microsoft Copilot. Whether you're seeking inspiration or grappling with a challenge while crafting apps, you probably already know that Copilot Cookbook is your reliable assistant, offering a wealth of tips and tricks at your fingertips--and we want you to add your expertise. What can you "cook" up?   Click this link to get started: https://aka.ms/CS_Copilot_Cookbook_Gallery   Don't miss out on this exclusive opportunity to be one of the first in the Community to share your app creation journey with Copilot. We'll be announcing a Cookbook Challenge very soon and want to make sure you one of the first "cooks" in the kitchen.   Don't miss your moment--start submitting in the Copilot Cookbook Gallery today!     Thank you,  Engagement Team

Announcing Power Apps Copilot Cookbook Gallery

We are excited to share that the all-new Copilot Cookbook Gallery for Power Apps is now available in the Power Apps Community, full of tips and tricks on how to best use Microsoft Copilot as you develop and create in Power Apps. The new Copilot Cookbook is your go-to resource when you need inspiration--or when you're stuck--and aren't sure how to best partner with Copilot while creating apps.   Whether you're looking for the best prompts or just want to know about responsible AI use, visit Copilot Cookbook for regular updates you can rely on--while also serving up some of your greatest tips and tricks for the Community. Check Out the new Copilot Cookbook for Power Apps today: Copilot Cookbook - Power Platform Community.  We can't wait to see what you "cook" up!    

Welcome to the Power Automate Community

You are now a part of a fast-growing vibrant group of peers and industry experts who are here to network, share knowledge, and even have a little fun.   Now that you are a member, you can enjoy the following resources:   Welcome to the Community   News & Announcements: The is your place to get all the latest news around community events and announcements. This is where we share with the community what is going on and how to participate.  Be sure to subscribe to this board and not miss an announcement.   Get Help with Power Automate Forums: If you're looking for support with any part of Power Automate, our forums are the place to go. From General Power Automate forums to Using Connectors, Building Flows and Using Flows.  You will find thousands of technical professionals, and Super Users with years of experience who are ready and eager to answer your questions. You now have the ability to post, reply and give "kudos" on the Power Automate community forums. Make sure you conduct a quick search before creating a new post because your question may have already been asked and answered. Galleries: The galleries are full of content and can assist you with information on creating a flow in our Webinars and Video Gallery, and the ability to share the flows you have created in the Power Automate Cookbook.  Stay connected with the Community Connections & How-To Videos from the Microsoft Community Team. Check out the awesome content being shared there today.   Power Automate Community Blog: Over the years, more than 700 Power Automate Community Blog articles have been written and published by our thriving community. Our community members have learned some excellent tips and have keen insights on the future of process automation. In the Power Automate Community Blog, you can read the latest Power Automate-related posts from our community blog authors around the world. Let us know if you'd like to become an author and contribute your own writing — everything Power Automate-related is welcome.   Community Support: Check out and learn more about Using the Community for tips & tricks. Let us know in the Community Feedback  board if you have any questions or comments about your community experience. Again, we are so excited to welcome you to the Microsoft Power Automate community family. Whether you are brand new to the world of process automation or you are a seasoned Power Automate veteran - our goal is to shape the community to be your 'go to' for support, networking, education, inspiration and encouragement as we enjoy this adventure together.     Power Automate Community Team

Hear what's next for the Power Up Program

Hear from Principal Program Manager, Dimpi Gandhi, to discover the latest enhancements to the Microsoft #PowerUpProgram, including a new accelerated video-based curriculum crafted with the expertise of Microsoft MVPs, Rory Neary and Charlie Phipps-Bennett. If you’d like to hear what’s coming next, click the link below to sign up today! https://aka.ms/PowerUp  

Tuesday Tip | How to Report Spam in Our Community

It's time for another TUESDAY TIPS, your weekly connection with the most insightful tips and tricks that empower both newcomers and veterans in the Power Platform Community! Every Tuesday, we bring you a curated selection of the finest advice, distilled from the resources and tools in the Community. Whether you’re a seasoned member or just getting started, Tuesday Tips are the perfect compass guiding you across the dynamic landscape of the Power Platform Community.   As our community family expands each week, we revisit our essential tools, tips, and tricks to ensure you’re well-versed in the community’s pulse. Keep an eye on the News & Announcements for your weekly Tuesday Tips—you never know what you may learn!   Today's Tip: How to Report Spam in Our Community We strive to maintain a professional and helpful community, and part of that effort involves keeping our platform free of spam. If you encounter a post that you believe is spam, please follow these steps to report it: Locate the Post: Find the post in question within the community.Kebab Menu: Click on the "Kebab" menu | 3 Dots, on the top right of the post.Report Inappropriate Content: Select "Report Inappropriate Content" from the menu.Submit Report: Fill out any necessary details on the form and submit your report.   Our community team will review the report and take appropriate action to ensure our community remains a valuable resource for everyone.   Thank you for helping us keep the community clean and useful!

Users online (5,319)