cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MMAndrea
Helper I
Helper I

Create Table - A table can't overlap another table.

Hi All, can you please help me to identify which the problem is here?

I'm trying to create a table with power automate, this is my flow

1. Run Desktop Flow: in the desktop flow I get an excel from sharepoint shared folder (from locally) I delete the worksheet with a table inside it, I create another worksheet putting inside it the data unformatted, save the excel

2. Add a delay, to let the file modification be available on sharepoint online

3. Create a table from the unformatted data of point (1)

The first time it works, but from the second one it give me the "A table can't overlap another table. " error.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
CFernandes
Super User III
Super User III

Hello @MMAndrea 

The error "A table can't overlap another table. " error is because you already have a table in place in the excel file.

If you delete the old table manually, save the Excel file I am sure the Power Automate will not error out. Note: There is no action to delete the table

Before you create your table make sure you do a Get Tables and see what ranges other tables are using.  Then make sure your new table is outside of those ranges.

CFernandes_0-1618232898537.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

MMAndrea
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @CFernandes

many thanks, but in the power automate desktop flow, I completely delete the worksheet and create a new one with new data, then in the service I create the table... so the table does not exist in excel once I try to create another table...

so --> delete worksheet and table inside it --> create new worksheet --> paste unformatted data --> try to create a new table on that data --> Error 

Thanks

Hello @MMAndrea,

Ohh OK. I do not have Power Automate Desktop installed right now on my box so cannot test.

I would also request you to move/create a new question on https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Desktop/bd-p/MPADesktop as this is related to Power Automate Desktop.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

MMAndrea
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @CFernandes, it is not matter of power automate desktop but of power automate cloud since I create the table on the service after the running of power automated desktop flow that save the excel file on the sharepoint online directory.

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

@MMAndrea Are you using the same Table ranges? If you try different Tables Ranges do you get the same error?

MMAndrea
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @CFernandes, the table range is dynamic on rows number but by repeating the test several times, it is the same. But the thing I cannot understand is that there is no table on the online excel, but power automate get this error like it exists ... it seems like matter of cache ... I don't know....

Hey @MMAndrea 

You are right, it happened to me on a live demo - See 21:08 in the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xzobptejp4

I had to create new excel file to get around that problem. I am out of idea's right now.

MMAndrea
Helper I
Helper I

@CFernandes, thanks for checking. We wait then for a technical solution

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (46,238)