cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
racheljgood119
Level: Powered On

Flow not Triggering (Sharepoint Modified)

I have two lists, a master list of student names and a discipline records list where the student names are a lookup value.

I added a lookup column to the master list of student names to count related records, so when discipline records are added that involve that student, the items are counted in the lookup column of the master list.

I then set up a Flow to send an email when the master list items are updated (when the lookup column value changes) but the flow will not run. It doesn't error out, it just doesn't run at all.

Even though the item is being modified, the flow will not run at all. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow not Triggering (Sharepoint Modified)

Hi @racheljgood119,

Could you please share more details about the Lookup column you added in the Master list?

And how the "Update" works there?

If you are using Flow to Update the count field, then we could just add the Send an Email action after the count action.

There is no need to build another flow.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
racheljgood119
Level: Powered On

Flow not Triggering (Sharepoint Modified)

This is DemoList1. It's my master list. 

masterlist.png

This is DemoListRecords1.  The StudentName column is a lookup column that pulls information from the Master List, (DemoList1)

recordslist.png

Now back to the Master List(DemoList1). The "Count Records" column is a lookup column that counts related records from the DemoListRecords1.

masterlist.png

This is how it was set up:

countrelated.png

When items are added to DemoListRecords1, the Count Records column in DemoList1 updates. But when I set up a flow to trigger when DemoList1 updates, the flow doesn't work. 

Do those details help? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,734)