cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ford_wilkinson
Helper II
Helper II

How to evaluate if a field / variable is NULL and if so don't use in a "Apply to each" loop?

Good day everyone.  I've got a Flow that I'm using to consume vendor invoices from PDF into Dynamics.  To send the data to Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, I am using the connector which has fields, like "Quantity" and "Unit Price".  My issue is this -- if I put my variable for the quantity field but the variable is NULL, that action fails.   This is creating lines in Dynamics so it is in an "Apply to each" loop.  On some invoices, it is picking up garbage lines in between the real lines which don't have the necessary info so it is trying to insert NULL (I am guessing) for those lines.  The real lines are getting processed successfully.

I'm trying to figure out how to skip those garbage lines from being processed?  I'm wondering if there is a formula / expression I can use in the "Apply to each" input that will skip a line if it does not contain a quantity and / or a unit price?

Thank you!  I've been staring at this for days and getting crosseyed.  I imagine there is an easy answer right in front of me but been looking at this too long 🙂

Ford

1 REPLY 1
Kaif_Siddique
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @ford_wilkinson ,

Add a condition to check the null Quantity. 

Flow:

Kaif_Siddique_0-1663961629937.png

If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
If this helps, please Accept as solution.

Regards
Kaif

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,555)