cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Problem with a Flow that sends an email to a SharePoint Document library

I have a created a Flow that copies the content of an email to a SharePoint library, this does work but the problem I am facing is that the email is unreadable and I get the following error

error.png

This is what my flow looks like:

flow.png

I have tried other email file extensions but they present the same problem, I have also taken a regular email from my own mailbox nd dumped it into the SharePoint and then opened it from Outlook and it opened fine, so the problem appears to be with the way Flow handles the email...

Now the email not opening is the main problem but another problem is the way in which the email is displayed in the GUI it displays the persons email address and the subject as one word with the file extension.. for example:

user@domain.comSales Report.msg ("Sales Report" being the actual subject) is there anyway around this?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Re: Problem with a Flow that sends an email to a SharePoint Document library

Hi @RoJoyce ,

It seems that you are creating a new file into the Flow,

I would suggest you to create an Item in SharePoint list rather then SharePoint Library. it will be very usefull to you, and also helps you in case of Attachment of the Mail, if Mail has an Attachment you can store that Attachment as List Item Attachment.

SharePoint List Structure

Columns

1. From
  2. Subject
  3. Body
  4. Attachment (Default SharePoint List column).

Hope this will help you, please post here if you still have any issue.

regards,

Dev_Nikhil

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (7,213)