cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reuben_narayan
Advocate I
Advocate I

Unable to Get Original Tweet Id

I am trying to get the original tweet id so I can link the replies back to the original tweets but for some reason the original tweet id is showing up as NULL when I push the data to a SQL database table.

In fact, all twitter fields that starts with "Original" are showing up as NULLs.

Please assist..
2 REPLIES 2
v-yujincui-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @reuben_narayan,

Do you have a problem that you can't get the value of the Original Tweet Id?

Check your Twitter Connection, you could remove and re-add it if there is something wrong with Connection.

In addition, check if your Twitter account is locked.

Locked or restricted Twitter accounts | Twitter Help

Further, make sure that the column type could support number values. Here I will always suggest a nchar column.

1.I have made a test but it seems to work fine on my side.

Here is my sql table structure. I have a nchar column to save my Tweet id(nchar: Support both non-Unicode and Unicode characters (i.e. Japanese, Korean etc.)).

vyujincuimsft_5-1640685283847.png

vyujincuimsft_6-1640685283848.png

2.Create a flow.

I recommend you add some Compose Action to check if the field you get has a value.

vyujincuimsft_7-1640685283851.png

vyujincuimsft_8-1640685283852.png

Result Screenshots:

vyujincuimsft_9-1640685283853.png

Best Regards,

Charlie Choi

Hi Charlie

I did exactly what you've suggested but still no luck.  When I use the search text e.g. COVID-19, this works perfectly fine as I get all the values for fields that start with text "Original" at the front. This is not what I am trying to do.

I am trying to link the replies back to the original tweets. In the search text box, I am putting "to:@username" so I can get all the replies for this account, at the same time be able to link these replies back to the original tweets.

See the screenshot below:

reuben_narayan_1-1640693614227.png

Let me know if you need additional information.

Thanks

Reuben 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

AI Builder AMA June 7th carousel (up on May 25th, take down June 8th) (1).png

'Ask Microsoft Anything' about AI Builder!

The AI Builder team invite you to ask questions and provide helpful answers at our next AMA.

Users online (1,618)