cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AryesAmes

AI Builder Custom Models (Various supplier invoice formats)

I'm trying to deliver an AP invoice reading solution as part of larger project. I've trained a form processing model in AI Builder on 50 different invoice styles (5-10 documents each, as individual ‘collections’).

Rather than improve the accuracy with extensive training, I think I’ve just confused it. Accuracy is now less than 50% (testing is being performed using the exact same example invoices which the AI builder has been directly trained on).

I'm not sure whether it's failing to identify the correct collection for each invoice (possibly a factor of how many collections I'm using) or if it is identifying the correct collection but still failing due to the invoice format itself (i.e. small font, individual fields set close together which the model is reading as one long text string).

Suppliers in the real world don't have similar invoice layouts. I'm wondering how others have solved this issue because at the moment the model isn't even usable.

I assume I could probably improve the accuracy if I routed the invoices to individual models (specific to the supplier's invoice template), but that would mean first detecting the supplier itself, not to mention the complexity of catering for hundreds of supplier models (not even sure if it would be possible to dynamically select the model within Power Automate either).

Any advice is appreciated at this point! I've heard good things about Syntex, but understand that would still rely on the AI Builder model.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I would have used the prebuilt invoice processing model, but I live in Australia where we use a specific (government issued) identifier for all suppliers ('ABN') which I need to pull from the invoice as part of the solution.

P.P.S. I've since found the following post, but just want to be sure that is still current advice and that there haven't been advances since then. https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/AI-Builder/AI-Builder-Invoice-Processing-multiple-providers-mode...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CedrickB
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi,

Usually collections are working well. What exactly are you trying to extract which cause this 50% success rate?

First of all, make sure to place in a given collection, samples of documents which have a consistent layout (I.e. same supplier, same fields, same place in the form, same orientation if applicable)

Then, the recommended maximum samples in a collection is 20, usually 5 is enough. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CedrickB
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi,

Usually collections are working well. What exactly are you trying to extract which cause this 50% success rate?

First of all, make sure to place in a given collection, samples of documents which have a consistent layout (I.e. same supplier, same fields, same place in the form, same orientation if applicable)

Then, the recommended maximum samples in a collection is 20, usually 5 is enough. 

View solution in original post

AryesAmes

Hi CedrickB. Thanks so much for coming back to me. 🙂

I've performed further testing today and am getting much better results. I think it's my issues were caused by a delay before a re-published (re-trained) model is then accessible by Power Automate.

Thanks again!

antoinec
Power Apps
Power Apps

It's great to hear that you're unblocked.

May I ask when you are experiencing delays? After publishing a model, it should immediately be accessible in Power Automate. If you're observing a delay I'd love to understand it better to ensure we can address the issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,648)