cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

AMA: Question for everyone: how are you using AI Builder? ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ

Hi everyone - welcome to the AMA! Have you tried AI Builder already? What AI model have you used? For what use case?

We'd love to hear your AI Builder story! ๐Ÿ™‚

30 REPLIES 30
ZePowerDiver
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional

To be frank,

I've been working around AI Builder ever since its inception and I love the product and the evolution the product team brings to it.

As for actual projects where we've been able to establish value for the cost, it's for document processing (invoices) for an accounting firm.

The whole invoice processing solution was used (with the apps & flows for processing, review, and approval).

The customer is 100% self-sufficient, so the proof is in the pudding: citizen dev 100%

AnnaChu
Employee
Employee

Amazing Eric! We've heard lots of good things about invoice processing in the forums - I think the team is going to print your reply and frame it ๐Ÿ˜

Tjan
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Just started using it since last week and I'm absolutely amazed by it's opportunities. 

For now, I'm doing basic invoice processing. Planning to do much more in the future! (Great when infused in RPA)!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Processed a few invoices in english and japanese with the AI builder earlier this week! Training A.I. was a breeze, although it did feel like we were both training each other at times,,, lol. it's fun.. love the low code, no code for us 

Runner55552
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

In the environmental world, we do a lot of "field" work. I took some hand-written groundwater sampling forms, and used AI builder document processing to push the raw data into a SharePoint list. Despite the hand-writing, results were good.

Also working on converting 1930s vintage oil well application/drilling/plugging forms, done originally on typewriters. Started with the structured document option, switched to unstructured, and got better results. The character recognition of words on the type-written scanned forms has some difficulties, especially since the answers to the forms were often typed on top of dotted ledger lines (I'm old enough to know how typewriters worked, some of you are not).

dhaberkorn
Frequent Visitor

My department supports ~100 retail locations across various categories and we have roughly ~500 different vendors sending invoices to us monthly. If the property-level didn't receive an invoice in a shipment, the old SOP was an email to the home office where a person would then search through the corporate Email Account that vendors sent invoices too, search for the invoice manually and send back to the property-level.

Now when invoices arrive via email, a Flow saves the attachments, AI then extracts the Purchase Order Number and delivery zip code, renames the file to a set cadence based on the extraction. The end-user now submits a Forms Response that asks for the data we extract, and instead of a home office user manually searching, Power Automate returns a shareable URL to the end-user with the document they need. We estimate saving about 720 hours of labor a year. 

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Thanks a lot @Anonymous, @Runner55552 , @dhaberkorn for sharing your experience with AI Builder. They're really inspiring! ๐Ÿคฉ

jaybags
Frequent Visitor

In my current company, we are trying to enable this. I am kind a exploring the Ethical and responsible AI.  Are the pre-built components follow the global AI principles? ๐Ÿ™‚

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @jaybags - welcome to AI Builder! We apply our responsible AI principles with guidance from committees that advise our engineering team that builds AI Builder. 

As you build solutions that leverage the pre-built components, here is some recommended guidance to set you up for success:

• Understand what it can do: Fully assess the capabilities of any AI model you are using to understand its capabilities and limitations. Understand how it will perform in your particular scenario and context. For example, if you are using the pre-built invoice model, test with real-world invoices from your business processes to analyze and benchmark the results against your existing process metrics.

• Respect an individual's right to privacy: Only collect data and information from individuals for lawful and justifiable purposes. Only use data and information that you have consent to use for this purpose.

• Legal review: Obtain appropriate legal advice to review your solution, particularly if you will use it in sensitive or high-risk applications. Understand what restrictions you might need to work within, and your responsibility to resolve any issues that might come up in the future. Do not provide any legal advice or guidance.

• Human-in-the-loop: Keep a human-in-the-loop, and include human oversight as a consistent pattern area to explore. This means ensuring constant human oversight of the AI-powered product or feature, and maintaining the role of humans in decision-making. Ensure that you can have real-time human intervention in the solution to prevent harm. This enables you to manage situations when the AI model does not perform as required.

• Security: Ensure your solution is secure, and that it has adequate controls to preserve the integrity of your content and prevent unauthorized access.

LimeLeaf
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi everyone,

we are currently doing our first steps with the MS AI builder.
We are working with the "Classify text into custom categories" model - trying to categorize customer mails from a service mail address into business case scenarios . Then extract data from these mails with the "Extract custom entities from your text" model to process these mails with power automate and desktop flows.

The big plan is to relieve customer service from basic customer requests.

I will come back to share how far we made it currently we are in training with the AIs.
So far the results look promising.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a massive folder of pdf files and need to extract key/value pairs for payroll.

However, 5000  character limit leaves me with no choice but to use Google's DocAI which has no issue extracting from much larger files (which we also have).  

My agency would love to stick with Microsoft if they could compare but it appears that Microsoft is still playing catch up.

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @Anonymous - thank you for sharing this. What AI Builder model are you using? Can you share where are you seeing this error? AI Builder document processing doesn't have a 5,000 character limit. Looking forward solving this mystery together. ๐Ÿ™‚

hmperez
Frequent Visitor

Hi team. I've started using the solution a days ago. I am very excited to using this solution to clients but I have a lot of doubts about the implementation when the documents aren't structured. I am checking a lot of PDF documents with different sheets and fields in the documents could be more or less than others. What advices can you give me to improve my models and get an success extraction?

In other hand the fields confident isn't always sure and the client wants a full process extraction and not human intervention using a rpa but I believe the customer should check the info before in a Excel or using a Power Apps before to continue the process, what do you tell me about that?

Thanks a lot,

Best

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hello @hmperez! Welcome to AI Builder! ๐Ÿ™‚

Here's something you can try: create a new Document Processing model and select Unstructured Document as document type. Automate unstructured documents like contracts with AI Builder | Power Automate Blog (microsoft.com) You quickly can start with 5-10 documents, train it and test. Once you do, let us know, are you getting good results?

On human review, each field is extracted with a confidence score. You can then configure in your process that only when a document has a low confidence score, then a human needs to review it.

The more documents you add to the training set, the better the model will be, and less human review will be required. But it's always good to have a human review exception process in case for example an invalid document, or very low-quality documents is processed, to avoid bad data to the next steps. 

_minnies_
Helper II
Helper II

I am just at my beginnings playing arround with the functionality. I have tried invoice processing and text recognition. I like the functionality but am a little bit unsecure about the lisencing. The latest question I try to answer is how to build my flow the best way to save AI capacity ๐Ÿ™‚

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @_minnies_ - welcome to AI Builder!! 

Licensing is a good topic to ask about. Here is a high-level overview:

JoeFMSFT_0-1661201812951.png

The links on the images are:

Another useful thing to know is about the consumption report, that will tell you how many credits you're consuming. 

Feel free to ask any questions you might have on this topic of licensing or any other AI Builder topic! ๐Ÿ™‚

JHORNA
Frequent Visitor

Saludos,existe un cronograma o agenda de adiccionar modelos preformateados ? o upgrade en general de AIBuilder ? 

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hola @JHORNA! Puedes encontrar las รบltimas novedades en este post: Automate Document Processing end-to-end with AI Builder | Power Automate Blog (microsoft.com)

AVTS
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Team i have seen many extractor but Microsoft AI builder is the best . 

Helpful resources

Announcements

Community Roundup: A Look Back at Our Last 10 Tuesday Tips

As we continue to grow and learn together, it's important to reflect on the valuable insights we've shared. For today's #TuesdayTip, we're excited to take a moment to look back at the last 10 tips we've shared in case you missed any or want to revisit them.ย Thanks for your incredible support for this series--we're so glad it was able to help so many of you navigate your community experience! ย  Getting Started in the Community An overview of everything you need to know about navigating the community on one page!ย  Community Links:ย โ—‹ย Power Appsย โ—‹ย Power Automateย ย โ—‹ย Power Pagesย ย โ—‹ย Copilot Studioย  ย  Community Ranks and YOU Have you ever wondered how your fellow community members ascend the ranks within our community? We explain everything about ranks and how to achieve points so you can climb up in the rankings! Community Links:ย โ—‹ย Power Appsย โ—‹ย Power Automateย ย โ—‹ย Power Pagesย ย โ—‹ย Copilot Studioย  ย  Powering Up Your Community Profile Your Community User Profile is how the Community knows you--so it's essential that it works the way you need it to! From changing your username to updating contact information, this Knowledge Base Article is your best resource for powering up your profile. Community Links:ย โ—‹ย Power Appsย โ—‹ย Power Automateย ย โ—‹ย Power Pagesย ย โ—‹ย Copilot Studioย  ย  Community Blogs--A Great Place to Start There's so much you'll discover in the Community Blogs, and we hope you'll check them out today!ย  Community Links:ย โ—‹ย Power Appsย โ—‹ย Power Automateย ย โ—‹ย Power Pagesย ย โ—‹ย Copilot Studioย  ย  Unlocking Community Achievements and Earning Badges Across the Communities, you'll see badges on users profile that recognize and reward their engagement and contributions.ย Check out some details on Community badges--and find out more in the detailed link at the end of the article! Community Links:ย โ—‹ย Power Appsย ย โ—‹ย Power Automateย ย โ—‹ย Power Pagesย ย โ—‹ย Copilot Studioย  ย  Blogging in the Community Interested in blogging? Everything you need to know on writing blogs in our four communities! Get started blogging across the Power Platform communities today! Community Links:ย โ—‹ย Power Appsย ย โ—‹ย Power Automateย ย โ—‹ย Power Pagesย ย โ—‹ย Copilot Studio ย  Subscriptions & Notifications We don't want you to miss a thing in the community! Read all about how to subscribe to sections of our forums and how to setup your notifications! Community Links:ย โ—‹ย Power Appsย ย โ—‹ย Power Automateย ย โ—‹ย Power Pagesย ย โ—‹ย Copilot Studio ย  Getting Started with Private Messages & Macros Do you want to enhance your communication in the Community and streamline your interactions? One of the best ways to do this is to ensure you are using Private Messaging--and the ever-handy macros that are available to you as a Community member! Community Links:ย โ—‹ย Power Appsย ย โ—‹ย Power Automateย ย โ—‹ย Power Pagesย ย โ—‹ย Copilot Studio ย  Community User Groups Learn everything about being part of, starting, or leading a User Group in the Power Platform Community. Community Links:ย โ—‹ย Power Appsย ย โ—‹ย Power Automateย ย โ—‹ย Power Pagesย ย โ—‹ย Copilot Studio ย  Update Your Community Profile Today! Keep your community profile up to date which is essential for staying connected and engaged with the community. Community Links:ย โ—‹ย Power Appsย ย โ—‹ย Power Automateย ย โ—‹ย Power Pagesย ย โ—‹ย Copilot Studio ย  Thank you for being an integral part of our journey. ย  Here's to many more Tuesday Tips as we pave the way for a brighter, more connected future! As always, watch theย News & Announcementsย for the next set of tips, coming soon! ย  ย 

Calling all User Group Leaders and Super Users! Mark Your Calendars for the next Community Ambassador Call on May 9th!

This month's Community Ambassador call is on May 9th at 9a & 3p PDT. Please keep an eye out in your private messages and Teams channels for your invitation. There are lots of exciting updates coming to the Community, and we have some exclusive opportunities to share with you! As always, we'll also review regular updates for User Groups, Super Users, and share general information about what's going on in the Community. ย  ย  Be sure to register & we hope to see all of you there!

April 2024 Community Newsletter

We're pleased to share theย April Communityย Newsletter,ย where we highlight the latest news, product releases, upcoming events, and the amazing work of our outstanding Community members. ย  If you're new to the Community, please make sure to follow the latestย News & Announcementsย and check out theย Community on LinkedInย as well! It's the best way to stay up-to-date with all the news from across Microsoft Power Platform and beyond.ย  ย  COMMUNITY HIGHLIGHTS ย  Check out the most active community members of the last month! These hardworking members are posting regularly, answering questions, kudos, and providing top solutions in their communities. We are so thankful for each of you--keep up the great work! If you hope to see your name here next month, follow these awesome community members to see what they do! ย  Power AppsPower AutomateCopilot StudioPower PagesWarrenBelzDeenujialexander2523ragavanrajanLaurensMManishSolankiMattJimisonLucas001AmikcapuanodanilostephenrobertOliverRodriguestimlAndrewJManikandanSFubarmmbr1606VishnuReddy1997theMacResolutionsVishalJhaveriVictorIvanidzejsrandhawahagrua33ikExpiscornovusFGuerrero1PowerAddictgulshankhuranaANBExpiscornovusprathyooSpongYeNived_Nambiardeeksha15795apangelesGochixgrantjenkinsvasu24Mfon ย  LATEST NEWS ย  Business Applications Launch Event - On Demand In case you missed the Business Applications Launch Event, you can now catch up on all the announcements and watch the entire event on-demand insideย Charles Lamanna's latest cloud blog. ย  This is your one stop shop for all the latest Copilot features across Power Platform andย #Dynamics365, including first-hand looks at how companies such asย Lenovo,ย Sonepar,ย Ford Motor Company,ย Omnicomย and more are using these new capabilities in transformative ways.ย Click the image belowย to watch today! ย  Power Platform Community Conference 2024 is here! It's time to look forward to the next installment of the Power Platform Community Conference, which takes place this year onย 18-20th September 2024ย at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas! ย  Come and be inspired by Microsoft senior thought leaders and the engineers behind theย #PowerPlatform, withย Charles Lamanna,ย Sangya Singh,ย Ryan Cunningham,ย Kim Manis,ย Nirav Shah,ย Omar Aftabย andย Leon Welickiย already confirmed to speak. You'll also be able to learn from industry experts and Microsoft MVPs who are dedicated to bridging the gap between humanity and technology. These include the likes ofย Lisa Crosbie,ย Victor Dantas,ย Kristine Kolodziejski,ย David Yack,ย Daniel Christian,ย Miguel Fรฉlix, andย Mats Necker, with many more to be announced over the coming weeks. ย  Click hereย to watch our brand-new sizzle reel forย #PPCC24ย orย click the image belowย to find out more about registration. See you in Vegas! ย  ย  ย  Power Up Program Announces New Video-Based Learning Hear from Principal Program Manager,ย Dimpi Gandhi, to discover the latest enhancements to the Microsoftย #PowerUpProgram. These include a new accelerated video-based curriculum crafted with the expertise of Microsoft MVPs,ย Rory Nearyย andย Charlie Phipps-Bennett. If youโ€™d like to hear whatโ€™s coming next,ย click the image belowย to find out more! ย  UPCOMING EVENTS Microsoft Build - Seattle and Online - 21-23rd May 2024 Taking place onย 21-23rd May 2024ย both online and in Seattle, this is the perfect event to learn more about low code development, creating copilots, cloud platforms, and so much more to help you unleash the power of AI. ย  There's a serious wealth of talent speaking across the three days, including the likes ofย Satya Nadella,ย Amanda K. Silver,ย Scott Guthrie,ย Sarah Bird,ย Charles Lamanna,ย Miti J.,ย Kevin Scott,ย Asha Sharma,ย Rajesh Jha,ย Arun Ulag,ย Clay Wesener, and many more. ย  And don't worry if you can't make it to Seattle, the event will be online and totally free to join.ย Click the image belowย to register forย #MSBuildย today! ย  European Collab Summit - Germany - 14-16th May 2024 The clock is counting down to the amazingย European Collaboration Summit, which takes place in Germanyย May 14-16, 2024.ย #CollabSummit2024ย is designed to provide cutting-edge insights and best practices into Power Platform, Microsoft 365, Teams, Viva, and so much more. There's a whole host of experts speakers across the three-day event, including the likes ofย Vesa Juvonen,ย Laurie Pottmeyer,ย Dan Holme,ย Mark Kashman,ย Dona Sarkar,ย Gavin Barron,ย Emily Mancini,ย Martina Grom,ย Ahmad Najjar,ย Liz Sundet,ย Nikki Chapple,ย Sara Fennah,ย Seb Matthews,ย Tobias Martin,ย Zoe Wilson,ย Fabian Williams, and many more. ย  Click the image belowย to find out more aboutย #ECS2024ย and register today! ย  ย  Microsoft 365 & Power Platform Conference - Seattle - 3-7th June If you're looking to turbo boost your Power Platform skills this year, why not take a look at everythingย TechCon365ย has to offer at theย Seattle Convention Centerย onย June 3-7, 2024. ย  This amazing 3-day conference (with 2 optional days of workshops) offers over 130 sessions across multiple tracks, alongside 25 workshops presented by Power Platform, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Teams, Viva, Azure, Copilot and AI experts. There's a great array of speakers, including the likes ofย Nirav Shah,ย Naomi Moneypenny,ย Jason Himmelstein,ย Heather Cook,ย Karuana Gatimu,ย Mark Kashman,ย Michelle Gilbert,ย Taiki Y.,ย Kristi K.,ย Nate Chamberlain,ย Julie Koesmarno,ย Daniel Glenn,ย Sarah Haase,ย Marc Windle,ย Amit Vasu,ย Joanne C Klein,ย Agnes Molnar, and many more. ย  Click the image belowย for moreย #Techcon365ย intel and register today! ย  ย  For more events,ย click the image belowย to visit the Microsoft Community Days website. ย  ย  ย 

Tuesday Tip | Update Your Community Profile Today!

It's time for anotherย TUESDAY TIPS, your weekly connection with the most insightful tips and tricks that empower both newcomers and veterans in the Power Platform Community! Every Tuesday, we bring you a curated selection of the finest advice, distilled from the resources and tools in the Community. Whether youโ€™re a seasoned member or just getting started, Tuesday Tips are the perfect compass guiding you across the dynamic landscape of the Power Platform Community. ย  We're excited to announce that updating your community profile has never been easier! Keeping your profile up to date is essential for staying connected and engaged with the community. ย  Check out the following Support Articles with these topics: Accessing Your Community ProfileRetrieving Your Profile URLUpdating Your Community Profile Time ZoneChanging Your Community Profile Picture (Avatar)Setting Your Date Display Preferences Click on your community link for more information: Power Apps,ย Power Automate,ย Power Pages,ย Copilot Studio ย  Thank you for being an active part of our community. Your contributions make a difference! Best Regards, The Community Management Team

Hear what's next for the Power Up Program

Hear from Principal Program Manager,ย Dimpi Gandhi, to discover the latest enhancements to the Microsoftย #PowerUpProgram, including a new accelerated video-based curriculum crafted with the expertise of Microsoft MVPs,ย Rory Nearyย andย Charlie Phipps-Bennett. If youโ€™d like to hear whatโ€™s coming next, click the link below to sign up today!ย https://aka.ms/PowerUp ย 

Super User of the Month | Ahmed Salih

We're thrilled to announce thatย Ahmed Salihย is our Super User of the Month for April 2024. Ahmed has been one of our most active Super Users this year--in fact, he kicked off the year in our Community with this great video reminder of why being a Super User has been so important to him! ย  Ahmed is the Senior Power Platform Architect at Saint Jude's Children's Research Hospital in Memphis. He's been a Super User for two seasons and is also a Microsoft MVP! He's celebrating his 3rd year being active in the Community--and he's received more than 500 kudos while authoring nearly 300 solutions. Ahmed's contributions to the Super User in Training program has been invaluable, with his most recent session with SUIT highlighting an incredible amount of best practices and tips that have helped him achieve his success. ย  Ahmed's infectious enthusiasm and boundless energy are a key reason why so many Community members appreciate how he brings his personality--and expertise--to every interaction. With all the solutions he provides, his willingness to help the Community learn more about Power Platform, and his sheer joy in life, we are pleased to celebrate Ahmed and all his contributions! You can find him in the Community and on LinkedIn. Congratulations, Ahmed--thank you for being a SUPER user!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,226)