cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgoguet
Level: Powered On

Change Created By or Modified by in SharePoint list

Hi,

I have a flow that populates a sharepoint list containing a list of users and some related informations.

When I run the flow, all the items are created and modified by the flow user.

I'd like to modify the created or modified by field with the username in order to create a sharepoint view filtered on this fields, this way a user could see only the informations related to himself.

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Change Created By or Modified by in SharePoint list

Unfortunately, you cannot edit the created by or modified by fields in SharePoint. You'll have to figure out a different way to create the views.  

If your list is a list of users are the users a person/group field? If they are you could use that field to filter the views instead of the created by or modified by fields.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Unfortunately, you cannot edit the created by or modified by fields in SharePoint. You'll have to figure out a different way to create the views.  

If your list is a list of users are the users a person/group field? If they are you could use that field to filter the views instead of the created by or modified by fields.

View solution in original post

dgoguet

Thanks for your answer, I'll manage it the way you mentionned!

dougallen

I wanted to mention that this is actually not correct anymore.  You can change the Created, Created By, Modified and Modified By using Microsoft Flow.  The FlowNinja John Liu shows you how in his post on the subject.  I think it all stemmed by from the whole created then update loop.   I have already used this for multiple Flows.  

In my case, I needed to update Created By to ensure that item-level permissions in a list worked correctly.  I checked my person field against Created By and if different, update it.  Works great!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 166 members 5,249 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: