Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcsap01
Helper III
Helper III

Copying and Overwriting Outlook attachments (csv) to OneDrive

2020-03-03_17-45-09.jpg

Having a lot of trouble trying to overwrite a csv file attached to an outlook email to go to a certain folder in my OneDrive.  I want the same folder each time and the same file name each time.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Made it work - I had to drag it down below in the correct order.  All set

Thank you very much for your help!

Jim

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @jcsap01  the destination needs to be online path please delete everything before Open Ticket and at the end add /

try this

retys.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

@ChristianAbata  I greatly appreciate you taking the time to answer me.  I am brand new at this so excuse my follow up.  Received a failure on that run.  Can you be more specific as to what I did wrong here.  Attaching screen shots.  Thank you!

Snag_adf2da7.pngSnag_adf38c2.png

@jcsap01  the folder Open tickets exist? if yes try with /Open Ticket Search if no create the folder an then try again please.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

yes Open Folder exists

@ChristianAbata Failed again - actually twice - I tried it with a / at the end of the destination file path and without - and strangely enough the file I emailed still made it to the folder destination.  Strange!  Any ideas?  Thank you!

2020-03-03_18-36-21.jpg2020-03-03_18-36-00.jpg

And what does this Id mean in this field?  Thanks

Jim

2020-03-03_18-59-01.jpg

hi @jcsap01  please try this to create a file with the same name. It wreyhis.PNGas my miskate to use \ the correct is /

Proud to be a Flownaut!

@ChristianAbata  We have success!  One last thing and I promise I'll never bother you again.  Why did this .png file alos come along for the ride?  Is there a way I can say - only .csv files?  Thank you!

2020-03-03_19-22-01.jpg2020-03-03_19-23-43.jpg

Sure @jcsap01  you don't bother me, is a pleasure to help. I was thinking the same. Please add a condition with attachments name value.

name.PNG

Proud to be a Flownaut!

@ChristianAbata  Sorry to say I'm not surew how to place that condition where you did.  I tried a few times and now that I have a successful run, I'm terrified to mess it help.  Steps?  Thanks!

@jcsap01  don't worry please see this gif, please change  is equals to contains I forgot that.

confiti.gif

Proud to be a Flownaut!

@ChristianAbata  So now I am getting a success but it is not downloading the .csv file to the correct folder.  I changed it to "contains" .csv and then I tried Attachment instead of Attachment Name - still no file but a success.  Ideas?  Thanks!

2020-03-03_20-08-32.jpg2020-03-03_20-09-03.jpg

Tried "ends with" - that failed

@jcsap01 please click on next, see the first one is false but using contains I'm sure the next if is csv is going to be true.

next.jpg

Proud to be a Flownaut!

@ChristianAbata  either way it didn't download the file to the folder.  Whether it was Attachment Name or Attachment with contains or is equal to.  I think I will be ok to get rid of this because the email will be coming from Service Now and probably wont have any other file attached besides the .csv

How do I get rid of the condition and not ruin anything else?  Thanks!

@jcsap01  the condition that we add just create a file and copy it when you receive .csv files, I you want to probe just send you an email with a csv file and then you get tru values.

To get back just drag and drop the create file and copy file accions below the condition an then delete the condition accion.

Please if any answer helps you mark as answer to guide others. 😄

Proud to be a Flownaut!

@ChristianAbata It will not let me drag Condition anywhere or drag create and copy anywhere.  I'd hate to have to do that over again - I have screen shots in case I do need to.

Made it work - I had to drag it down below in the correct order.  All set

Thank you very much for your help!

Jim

View solution in original post

sure @jcsap01  please try to mark one of my answers to help me growup here in the comunnity.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,155)