I know about action to post a reply as user, just not.
I know about action to post a message as the Flow bot too, just not.
I want to post a "reply" to the message as the "Flow bot".
Please let me know if anyone knows.
Hi @iyamagata ,
Could you please explain more details about the flow bot that you mentioned?
Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Microsoft Teams have some connectors for Flow.
1. "Post a message (V3)" is used to post a new message to a channel in a specific Team.
2. "Post a reply to a message (V2)" is used to post a reply to a message in a channel in a specific Team.
3. "Post a message as the Flow bot to a channel" is used to post automatically a new message to a channel in a specific Team.
A message of 1 & 2 is post from user who created Flow.
A message of 3 is post from Flow bot.
Now, I want that a reply to message is post from Flow bot.
But I can't choice that action connector.
Seeking the same. Have subscribed to topic in hope of either being provided as part of connector options or where someone worked out a workaround.
Any updates? My struggle is the reply looks exactly like it's from a real human, unless I put some indicator like "message sent on behalf of xxx" in the message body itself.
I have a rough workaround idea:
1. Create a bot service account and name it something like "Service Bot". Give it a bot avatar to indicate this is not human.
2. Then create the flow with this bot account.
3. The reply will look like it's from a bot now, not human.
I'm looking for the same functionality. We have a flow triggered by changes on a SharePoint item which posts a reply to a specific conversation. Ideally the reply should come from the Flow bot account, or failing that from the account of the user who made the change on the SharePoint item, but instead the replies always come from my own account.
If there is a workaround that, say, allows the reply to be posted by the user that made the changes, I'd like to hear it.
I found this idea has been submitted before: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Post-a-reply-to-a-message-as-flow-bot/idi-p...
Power Automate User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.
Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!
ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.