cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

ODfB 'When a file is created' error message

When I save a new document into the 'trigger' ODfB directory I always get the error below.  As there is nothing to configure (other than choose the folder) how can this be resolved?

ODfBerror3.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: ODfB 'When a file is created' error message

Hi MrNigel,

There seems a issue with our onedrive trigger, from the oberservation, the trigger have been triggered for a long time result in this timeout error. But there are some other issues when I use the onedrive trigger. Do you have one drive for business account so that you can also try to use that as the trigger?

Thanks,

Teng

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

Hi MrNigel,

I investigated this and it appears that there are large number of files in the OneDrive for Business that you are using. Currently there is a limitation in the API exposed by OneDrive for Business for getting files in a directory.

It only allows fetching files from the root folder of the one drive. Which in this case is returning large number of files and iterating through files and directories to detect the creation of new file is taking more than 2 minutes (reason behind the failure you are seeing).

We are working with OneDrive for Business team to remove this limitation but until that is fixed, if possible, as a workaround if you use normal OneDrive (not OneDrive for Business) you wont see this issue as normal OneDrive allows directly fetching files/changes from the child folder you specify in the trigger condition.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi MrNigel,

There seems a issue with our onedrive trigger, from the oberservation, the trigger have been triggered for a long time result in this timeout error. But there are some other issues when I use the onedrive trigger. Do you have one drive for business account so that you can also try to use that as the trigger?

Thanks,

Teng

Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

The trigger is on my OneDrive for Business account. I do not use ordinary OneDrive
Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

Hi MrNigel,

It appears to be a timout issue in the trigger trying to detect creation of a file. That call took more than 2 minutes which led to this timeout. For detailed investigation i would need the flow run id. Can you please reply back with the runid of this failed run? You can find runid in the URL of the failed run e.g. in the url below 0858796913446486783235687716 is the runid

https://flow.microsoft.com/manage/flows/728ad8f9-f2b1-48ee-9c89-7a5adf8a2b34/runs/0858796913446486783235687716

Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Error RunID 08587266452334157510337700768

Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

Hi MrNigel,

I investigated this and it appears that there are large number of files in the OneDrive for Business that you are using. Currently there is a limitation in the API exposed by OneDrive for Business for getting files in a directory.

It only allows fetching files from the root folder of the one drive. Which in this case is returning large number of files and iterating through files and directories to detect the creation of new file is taking more than 2 minutes (reason behind the failure you are seeing).

We are working with OneDrive for Business team to remove this limitation but until that is fixed, if possible, as a workaround if you use normal OneDrive (not OneDrive for Business) you wont see this issue as normal OneDrive allows directly fetching files/changes from the child folder you specify in the trigger condition.

Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

OK, I understand. The issue is that you cannot pick a sub folder, it only allows you to write a file to the root folder. Can you not implement it in the same way as for SharePoint lists where you enter a site URL then choose a list from the drop down?

Nigel

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,201)