cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tlebovic-prg
Level: Powered On

Read excel table from outlook365 attachment

I have an Excel file with data saved as a table in an email. I'm able to extract the attachment and save it to an AWS S3 bucket but I would like to convert it to a csv file before saving. I've read a few posts on working with Excel files in Flow but I can't get the steps to extract the data table and parse the lines into a csv file.

Is this posssible to do in Flow without saving the file to OneDrive or Sharepoint?

Thanks

Tom

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Read excel table from outlook365 attachment

Hi @tlebovic-prg ,

Do you want to save an Excel file from the email attachment to AWS S2 Bucket as a CSV file?

I don’t have AWS S3 bucket to test this issue. Please check if the following flow configuration will be a reference for you:

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
tlebovic-prg

Hi Mabel,

Your flow is more or less the same as I currently have but instead of using the OneDrive Create File action I'm using the FTP Create File action. I do get the file with a .csv extension in my S3 bucket but it's still an Excel file - nothing opened it and did a 'Save As' .  The options I see for the Convert File action are only to PDF, not csv, so I'm still stuck.

Thanks

Tom

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @tlebovic-prg ,

Thanks for updating.

Convert file action is currently used to convert a file to PDF, you could submit a request on Flow Ideas Forum for supporting more file types at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
tlebovic-prg

Is requesting a new file converter all that I can do now?

Is there no way to read an Excel file on the fly and convert it to csv in Flow? 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @tlebovic-prg ,

You could submit the request so that the feature will be available in the future.

Besides the way I suggested previously, I haven’t found other ways to convert an Excel file to CSV on the fly using Flow.

I will be trying to do more research on this issue.

Best regards,

Mabel

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,988)