cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paddi
Level: Powered On

Stop flow after Approval rejection

Hi,

I have a 5 stage approval process , with each stage needing approval before moving onto the next stage :

I have created a flow using “when an item is created” then added an “approval” action

Then added a “ Condition” where “response” is equal to approve,

With “yes” & “no” sending an email with the relevant text (picked out the dynamic content)

And repeated this 4 times for each stage… it all runs fine and I get notifications at each stage to approve etc…

but im unsure on how to end the flow when it has been rejected at any stage , at the moment even i reject it carries onto the next stage and send me the approval email ...

i would also like to add the comments for either "approve" or "reject" to a column in the List (is this simply a text column)

I’ve then added an “update item” which I want to update the item with the “comments” from the “rejection” of the “approval” but it deosnt seem to update the List column...

And repeated this 4 times for each stage… it all runs fine and I get notifications at each stage to approve etc…

any pointers would be great

paddi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Stop flow after Approval rejection

I have posted a screen shot of an alternate approach below.  I am using a Control Terminate action (set to Success) to stop the Flow. The Flow stops upon a rejection.  You can use the same condition after each Approval action.

In addition, I am using an update item statement to allow for the approver comments tpo be added to the list.

MultiApproval.jpg

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Paddi,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Do you want to stop the flow whenever an approval is rejected?

You could add some condition inside the flow to start the second approval when the first approval is approved,and start the third approval when the second approval is approved,and start the last approval when the third approval is approved.

The screenshot of the flow to start the second approval when the first approval is approved would as screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

The flow would:

1. When an item is created, the flow would be triggered.

2.Then start the first approval

3.when the approval is finished, send an email with the response.

4.Update the item with the response dynamic content and comments.

5.Check the response,if the approval is approved,start the second approval, if not,do nothing,and the flow would stop.

Please let me know if your problem could be solved.

Best regards,

Alice

Super User
Super User

I have posted a screen shot of an alternate approach below.  I am using a Control Terminate action (set to Success) to stop the Flow. The Flow stops upon a rejection.  You can use the same condition after each Approval action.

In addition, I am using an update item statement to allow for the approver comments tpo be added to the list.

MultiApproval.jpg

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

Paddi
Level: Powered On

Hi scott & Alice,

thanks for the replies , it looks like the terminate control allows me to do what i wanted , and will terminate the Flow when the approval rejection has been selected ..

thanks for the help

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 365 members 6,588 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: