cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
JamesMac
Helper I
Helper I

Update File Properties - Lookup Column

I have a Power Automate Flow that creates a file in a document library, which works as expected. However, when I add an action to update the file properties, document library lookup columns do not show up as a property that can be updated in the Flow. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to update a document library lookup column?
 
JamesMac_0-1656704816828.png

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesMac
Helper I
Helper I

I just figured it out.  The lookup column cannot be associated to the (linked to item) value.

 

I changed the lookup column to associate with ID and it worked.

JamesMac_0-1657555573019.png

 

I changed the lookup column to associate with the Title (User Email Address in my case) column, but not the one associated with (linked to item) and it worked.

JamesMac_1-1657555580999.png

 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jondoesflow
Helper IV
Helper IV

I think you would need to use a Get Item (properties) only step after the item has been created and then use the ID from that to update it’s properties. 

JamesMac
Helper I
Helper I

I had added the Get Item (properties), but the lookup column was not in the output. I'll run it again later and grab a screenshot of the output. 

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JamesMac ,

 

Please try to delete this action and add it again. I can find this lookup parameter in 'update file properties' action.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1657089463871.png

vxiaochenmsft_1-1657089477173.png

 

Best Regards,

Wearsky

JamesMac
Helper I
Helper I

I deleted the Update File Properties action, saved the flow, added the Update File Properties action and still do not see the lookup column.  If I use the Update Properties action for a list that has a lookup column, the lookup column shows up as a property that can be updated.  The issue is only occurring for libraries.
JamesMac
Helper I
Helper I

I just figured it out.  The lookup column cannot be associated to the (linked to item) value.

 

I changed the lookup column to associate with ID and it worked.

JamesMac_0-1657555573019.png

 

I changed the lookup column to associate with the Title (User Email Address in my case) column, but not the one associated with (linked to item) and it worked.

JamesMac_1-1657555580999.png

 

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,635)