cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

update columns from another excel

Hi,

I need to do something easy (I think), but I still haven't been successful.

I have an Excel with 5 columns and I want to get values ​​of 3 columns for another excel. This is what I had done.

thank you for your support

2020-04-06 19_38_57.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Kamacete

I have made a test on my side and see a same post as yours, hope it could be your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/Microsoft-Flow-Error-409-Adding-row-into-a-excel-tab...

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Super User II
Super User II

hi @Kamacete  you are doing well, just you need to add filter to get only the values that you want. Please try with adding a condition list rows present in a table to do the filter and then inside the yes part you can add that rows into your excel.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hi,

Thank you for your support, could you please can give me some example?

br,

Rui

Hi @Kamacete 

Please have look at my blog regarding how to filter Excel rows.

https://mydevexperience.wordpress.com/2019/09/25/microsoft-flow-excel-list-rows-present-in-a-table/

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials

@Kamacete  sure please see the exampel bellow

data.PNGdata1.PNG

so as you see you can use a condition to filter the data you want to pass to another excel, in my case the data started with C, beouse you can't just define what rows you need to copy you need a condition to define that.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kamacete ,

Could you please explain more details about your requirement?

You said that you want to update column from another excel and the flow you created in to add new rows from another excel table.

So please explain more details about your requirement, you could share the screenshot of the two excel table and share an example of your needs so we could better understand you and provide a proper workaround.

Best regards,

Alice       

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

First of all, thank you very much for your support. I tried but didn´t work.

What I need is: I have a file (test 1) with 5 columns where I put data constantly and I need to update another file (test 2) automatically per hour with all the information of 3 columns (columns 1, 3, 5).

[File Test 1]

1.png

[File Test 2]

2.png

After I tried the solution that you kindly give me, this is the result.

4.png

Body

{
  "status"409,
  "message""This won't work because it would move cells in a table on your worksheet.\r\nclientRequestId: 5ba31de0-326c-481e-9ee7-1160f8faff2a\r\nserviceRequestId: 8657b2f4-2a1c-4e34-be9e-eb580871957f;9e369805-3e7e-43d9-880f-976df888474a",
  "error": {
    "message""This won't work because it would move cells in a table on your worksheet."
  },
  "source""excelonline-ne.azconn-ne.p.azurewebsites.net"
}

thank you again
Br,
Rui

hi @Kamacete  could you please show as a complete screanshot of your flow?

Proud to be a Flownaut!

sorry

🙂

5.png

hi @Kamacete  what you are doing is ok, just try clossing all the file if are open, and delete every data inside to leave the table in blank

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi,

Alter deleted all data from the file "Test 1", the flow runs successfully but is I add some data in the first row the flow fails.

😞

mmm  @Kamacete  it looks like the file is corrupted.

I suggest you to create a new file, with a new table just the destination file.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi @Kamacete ,

Your flow is correct with no problem.

I'm afraid that there is any problem in your excel table.

Please take a try to create the new excel tables and then create a new flow, then run the new flow again to see if the issue still exists.

Best Regards,

Alice

Hi,

As suggested, I create other files but get the same result.

😞

{
  "status"409,
  "message""This won't work because it would move cells in a table on your worksheet.\r\nclientRequestId: 6a606cba-b336-489b-9619-41af3f2af173\r\nserviceRequestId: c0d2e8e0-828e-4d39-8410-5d243afb0947;4fda442a-88fc-46ee-aaff-1f0d1d22519b",
  "error": {
    "message""This won't work because it would move cells in a table on your worksheet."
  },
  "source""excelonline-ne.azconn-ne.p.azurewebsites.net"
}

how can I send you the files?

thank you very much

Hi @Kamacete

I have made a test on my side and see a same post as yours, hope it could be your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/Microsoft-Flow-Error-409-Adding-row-into-a-excel-tab...

Best regards,

Alice       

View solution in original post

Hi,

I'am the owner of the sharepoint, and if I didn´t have any values inside the file A the flow complete with success .

thank you for you support

Br,

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,344)