cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmmcoffeegood
Level: Powered On

Re: Images showing in studio but not in app

what to do about the 2000 images in the doc library? this is a nice workaround, but it still does not address the issue completely. thanks for your time.

@mmmcoffeegood wrote:

what to do about the 2000 images in the doc library? this is a nice workaround, but it still does not address the issue completely. thanks for your time.

Let me put it to you this way. I have already created a demo app for an upcoming blog I am working on.

Whilst testing the demo app I was able to display a list of thumbnail images from a folder within a doc library that contains 600 or so images in that specific folder. The file sizes for the photos stored in that folder range from between about 1MB - 30MB. The total size of the content stored in that folders is approximately 2GB.

There are absolutely no performance issues displaying the gallery containing the 600 or so thumbnails within the demo app. 

Having said that though, the functionality I have described now is trivial when compared to other functionality I have implemented in the overall solution I have developed. 

Watch this space in the next week or so... 

lachlan_hughes
Level: Powered On

Have you tried disabling and re-enabling the Improved App Rendering?
Editor Studio > File > App Settings > Advanced Settings > Improved App Rendering

Highlighted

@mmmcoffeegood 

I will be posting a blog shortly on how I developed the app demostrated in this video I uploaded to YouTube that can easily handle rendering 10k+ photos in a single folder in a Document Library. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if it could just as well work with Document Library folder containing say 10m photos or any other file types for that matter. Bold statement, but I am a MCSM so it's not like I don't know what I'm doing 🤗.

PowerApps SharePoint User Experience Demo

This far shorter demo of the same app I uploaded today does "something" with photos stored in SharePoint that defies all logic, albeit how I managed to do this is likely going to be a trade secret. You can also see how easily this app is able to filter 9 photos from that same Site Assets library containing 10k+ photos.

PowerApps SharePoint Awesome Demo Photos Geolocation

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,419)