cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luisep
Level: Powered On

Problem to view Image control content

Hi all,

I have a Gallery1, that I have to input a signature and aprrove an item1. Then this item1 goes to a gallery2.

When I select item1 in gallery 2, I can view the previus signature.

Then I do the same with an item2. When I check both items in gallery2, I can view each signatures.

But if I close Powerapps and open it again, when select item1 or item2, at this time I can't view any signature.

Why in the first moment does PA show me the signature, and then never retrieves it from Sharepoint?

I've reviewed the issue in this forum "Problem with Add Image Control and appres//blobmanager", and Rebecca's solution (I think it will be fine for me).  But I don't understand why at the beginning I can view the signature, and then it doesn't show anymore.

Thanks a lot.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Problem to view Image control content

Hi @luisep ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you save the signature picture into your SP List? Which type column do you use to store the signature data (e.g. appres://blobmanager/d9e80e03539a47a69533e030bc24449a/14)?

Further, do you want to display the appres://blobmanager/d9e80e03539a47a69533e030bc24449a/14 signature data (image data reference) from your SP List into your app?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think this issue may be related to PowerApps app cache. When you open your app, and draw a signature within your Gallery1, the signature image data (e.g. appres://blobmanager/d9e80e03539a47a69533e030bc24449a/14) would be cached into your PowerApps app, so you could view it in anywhere of your app.

But when you close your app, the signature image data cache would be cleared. So when you re-open again, you would not be able to view the signature content using the appres://blobmanager/d9e80e03539a47a69533e030bc24449a/14 data.

As an alternative solution, please consider save your signature data as a image file in your SP Library, then within your SP List, add a Hyperlink type column to store the URL link to the saved signature file in your SP Library, after that, you could view the signature content from the Hyperlink column value from your SP List.

Please check and see if my response within the following thread would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/powerapps-images-not-loading-on-mobile/m-p/19...

More details about saving signature data from PowerApps as image file into SP Library, please check the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQVYid1p_vA

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
luisep

Hi @v-xida-msft ,

Thanks a lot for your response.

With the help of the video, I managed to save the signature data into SP Library.

The problem now is to get a flow that savings the URL link from the SP Library to the SP List.
Could you help me with this issue?

KR

luisep

Hi all,

To save the URL link from SP Library to SP List, I've used Sharepoint-Create Sharing Link Flow. But when I run this flow, it gives the following error: Sharing by link is not enabled - The feature has been disabled.

How can I enable "Sharing by link" to copy the link from SP Library to SP List?

Kind regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,661)