cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joorge_c
Resolver I
Resolver I

Best way to diplicate an App with different Sources?

Hello! So Im bulding an App that uses an imported Excel Based Table and a Sharepoint List, there is a lenghty amount of calculated Labels and nested Galleries (75 to 100).

I will need to replicate this App 3 times for different regions to cope with the 2k app limitation. So new name for the Excel Table and New Sharepoint List name.

What is the best way to duplicate the app without having to go into each formula and swap the Sum If Filter source name references.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Joorge_c ,

Possibly (and I am not an Excel user), have the tables the same name (will need different Excel Files), copy then disconnect the old file and reconnect the new one. This works in SharePoint with the same list name on different sites/subsites.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

@WarrenBelz  thanks for the quick reply. Yes I see some workarounds with the excel data. But how about the SP Lists? I will definately have a new name which I cannot have as the same, Any thoughts?

Hi @Joorge_c ,

As mentioned, it needs to be on a different site/subsite.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

@WarrenBelz Yes, agree, its a different SP List with different name.

The question, is there an easy way to change it in some main section so I wont have to manually change it in all the sub formulations?

Hi @Joorge_c ,

I am saying it needs to have the same name, but be on a different SharePoint Site. I have Test Site and a Production Site, which are both sub-sites of the same base site.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,874)