cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mike528
Resolver II
Resolver II

Bug: Clear the penInput Control when Screen loads in OnVisible

It's been reported here multiple times but can we please get this fixed.

OnVisible sets a variable to true that is attached the penInput Reset property. This should clear the image from the penInput control when the form becomes, but it does not. Yes there are not so obvious workarounds, but this should work as expected.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
ZabiBabar
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @mike528 ! Could you please show the formula for the onVisible and the Reset Property of Pen Input control?

And what I am understanding is that you want to reset the control every time it is visible, is that correct? You could try Reset(PenInput) on the onVisible property?

Best,
Zabi
Mark this post as a solution, or kudo it if you found it be helpful. You can choose more than multiple answers as solutions, including your own answer. 🙂

In the OnVisible, I have
UpdateContext({locClearImage: true})

then on the penInput, the Reset expression is simply locClearImage

This works well if the code for setting locClearImage to true is in the OnSelect of a button. But does not work when in the OnVisible. Also, Reset(penInput) does not change the outcome ... the previous image is still there.

Thanks

ZabiBabar
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

After trying my solution, your solution, and other people's solution, I willing to say it must be a bug. I have also tried adding a button with Reset(PenInput) on onSelect Property and then Select(Button) on screen onVisible that hasn't worked either. Maybe you can submit an idea here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/PA_Comm_Ideas.

I am sorry you have to go through this!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,241)