Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Combo Box enlarges on iphone

Hi team,

i am facing an issue with combo-box when it is loaded for the first time. when i click on it to search a text the combo-box enlarges and zooms in the application. see attached image1.

image1.jpg

To fix this. I have to scroll to right top corner and close the combo-box. then using pinching action i have to zoom out and scale-to-fit the application. next time when i open combo box, it works fine. see image2

image2.jpg

This behavior is happening always when the app is loaded for the first time on iPhone. on all other larger devices it works fine.

Regards,

Utsav

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Combo Box enlarges on iphone

@utsav_ghosh1 

There's no real solution here other than to make the input as wide as possible.  Unfortunately, that's just how iPhone + PowerApps behaves.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @utsav_ghosh1 ,

Thanks for your feedback. Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and the issue is confirmed on my side.

Actually, it is an known issue with the ComboBox within a PowerApps when running in iPhone Mobile device. I afraid that there is no way to fix this issue within PowerApps currently. This issue is related to Control Adaptation in iPhone Mobile device.

If you would like this feature to be imporved, please consider submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

My goodness this is terrible.

"This is just how Powerapps works"... No, it's a bug. And a really bad one. I'm not submitting this to PowerApps ideas because it's not an idea for a new feature. It's a bug that has come up on multiple forums, and gives horrible user experience and there is still no intention to fix it.

Does the powerapps team have any intention of fixing this?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Its unfortunate that this is expected/accepted behavior, but the way I've found to get around it is:

- Scroll to the top of the Form holding the Combobox, pinch the screen (zoom out).

Its tough to have to train all your end users on this "nuance", but it works. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Could perhaps in a future update comboboxes just behave more like dropdowns?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,933)