Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
utsav_ghosh1
Advocate II
Advocate II

Combo Box enlarges on iphone

Hi team,

i am facing an issue with combo-box when it is loaded for the first time. when i click on it to search a text the combo-box enlarges and zooms in the application. see attached image1.

image1.jpg

To fix this. I have to scroll to right top corner and close the combo-box. then using pinching action i have to zoom out and scale-to-fit the application. next time when i open combo box, it works fine. see image2

image2.jpg

This behavior is happening always when the app is loaded for the first time on iPhone. on all other larger devices it works fine.

Regards,

Utsav

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chmoncayMSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

This long standing bug has been fixed.  You will need to republish your app for the fix to be applied.  Hope this helps.

Updated ComboboxUpdated Combobox

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@utsav_ghosh1 

There's no real solution here other than to make the input as wide as possible.  Unfortunately, that's just how iPhone + PowerApps behaves.

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @utsav_ghosh1 ,

Thanks for your feedback. Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and the issue is confirmed on my side.

Actually, it is an known issue with the ComboBox within a PowerApps when running in iPhone Mobile device. I afraid that there is no way to fix this issue within PowerApps currently. This issue is related to Control Adaptation in iPhone Mobile device.

If you would like this feature to be imporved, please consider submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

My goodness this is terrible.

"This is just how Powerapps works"... No, it's a bug. And a really bad one. I'm not submitting this to PowerApps ideas because it's not an idea for a new feature. It's a bug that has come up on multiple forums, and gives horrible user experience and there is still no intention to fix it.

Does the powerapps team have any intention of fixing this?

Its unfortunate that this is expected/accepted behavior, but the way I've found to get around it is:

- Scroll to the top of the Form holding the Combobox, pinch the screen (zoom out).

Its tough to have to train all your end users on this "nuance", but it works. 

Could perhaps in a future update comboboxes just behave more like dropdowns?

Crocus
Regular Visitor

The only workaround I found was to put a Text Input box next to the combo box label that says "Zoom Out". It looks like a button and forces the iPhone to zoom back out. I only make it visible if the combo box is changed.

chmoncayMSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

This long standing bug has been fixed.  You will need to republish your app for the fix to be applied.  Hope this helps.

Updated ComboboxUpdated Combobox

View solution in original post

Was just reading about how to fix this issue when I came across this thread. It didn't look hopeful until I saw this response. Nice to see it's been fixed and only a week ago too. Good timing. Saved me a headache.

Hi @chmoncayMSFT ,

I'm still having the same issue on my IPhone SE after I republished the app. I also tried making a new app with just a combobox, but no luck. Any idea why? My current version of PowerApps mobile is 3.21041.28.

Regards,

Youri

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,349)